Intuit created QB premier for well settled businesses. While Quickbooks pro on the other hand was designed primarily for small scale businesses. No special technical knowledge is required to QB as it works on the same accounting standards used worldwide. All you have to be is little geeky. If you haven’t used digital accounting platforms earlier then you may find it little hard to get your hands on QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks Premier Version provides additional industry specific features that are enough for any standard business activity. But if you want something specific then the software is also available in several Editions.
QuickBooks Premier and its various versions provides features that are customized according to various business needs. Thus let us find, “How is Quickbooks premier better than Quickbooks pro”.
How is QuickBooks Premier better than QuickBooks Pro
Here are the points of based on which you decide for yourself if QuickBooks premier is better than QuickBooks Pro or not.
- Manage and locate inventory items quick and easy at a single place using the Inventory Center in QuickBooks.
- The built-in feature to track your balance sheets by their class is easy-to-access report to track financial data separately by location, department, or profit center.
- The program helps you easily bill your clients; and also helps track expenses.
- Create and organize job costs filtering by vendor, and see which vendors still need to be paid.
- Create job estimates and track change orders.
- Analyze job with customized job reports that can help you figure out job’s profitability.
Manufacturing & Wholesale Companies
- Track inventory and create a rule to set most optimal points to reorder.
- Track category wise profitability. This will help you know which products you need to focus on and which one’s to keep in stock.
- Easily prioritize which orders to fulfill and prioritize them how you want.
Non Profit Organization
- Create year end donation statements and track their contributions.
- Create Form 990 (Statement of Functional Expenses) to identify your expenses for presentation to your board, major donors, and the IRS.
- Run and track donor contribution reports
Professional Services Companies
- Track unbilled time and expenses by employee, project, client or service on a single screen by sending an invoice in just a few clicks.
- Set different billing rates by employee, client & service and pay and get paid the right amount.
- Analyze profitability by project and client that helps you stay on top of which projects are most profitable.
- Track sales easily accurately and get flexibly with the Sales Summary Form.
- Stay on top of inventory and costs by tracking inventory and set reorder points.
- Run a profit and loss report.
Popular Functionality Modules of QuickBooks Premier Version
- General Ledger in QuickBooks Premier allows you to stay on top of your business financial status.
- Job Costing – Contractor Edition: QuickBooks Premier Contractor Edition is full of job costing features specifically designed for contractors, ensuring that profitability of your business.
- Inventory QuickBooks Premier provides you the ability to easily track your inventory found in QuickBooks Pro.
- Sales Order (Manufacturing & Wholesale Edition) – This functionality that is provided within QuickBooks Premier Manufacturing & Wholesale Edition helps you meet your industry specific needs.
- Purchase Orders QuickBooks Premier allows you to better track your purchases. It gives you the ability to create purchase orders quickly.
If you still are unclear on “How is QuickBooks Premier better than QuickBooks Pro” let us help you personally. Give us a call and our quickbooks support staff from both USA and Canada will help you solve your query. You can dial us at our toll free helpline number for askforaccounting.com at 1800-865-4183.