Quickbooks multi user mode not working
If your quickbooks is not properly working on the quickbooks multi user mode then you will have to go though the following steps in-order to rectify your error.
Set your services window:
- On your computer desktop, click on the start button.
- On the Run search bar, search for services.msc.
- Once you are on the said window, locate files with the name: QuickbooksDB25 & QbcfMonitor.
- Now restart the services by right clicking on them.
- From the dropdown button that appears, click on the automatic tab and then click start.
- You will have to follow the same steps for both the files.
Set permissions to access your folders:
- Here browse the folder that you want to share with others on the multi user mode.
- Right click on the folder once it is located and then click on the properties tab.
- Click share button > Share this folder.
- Now you will have to set the permissions for each account user and click ok.
Scan server managers:
- For this you will need to open up your database server managers and click on the scan icon. This will start the process of scanning your database manager.
- Now, you will have to manually point which of the folder includes company files. If you are not sure in which folder you have saved those files then you can scan the whole disk.
- To start scanning, press the scan button and now you will see the progress bar that will show the status and percentage of the folders scanned.
- Once the progress bar shows 100% completed, your quickbooks multiuser mode will start to work.
For more information or for any other issue related to quickbooks, you can directly call our quickbooks proadvisors. Dial our quickbooks helpline number 1800-865-4183 and we will assist you online all step by step.