Many files are created when you are creating a company file in QuickBooks like QBW and “QuickBooks TLG file” type. The QBW is the actual company data file, and through the below article, we will explore the facts about the TLG file.
The filename of the transaction log file is in the form:
[company file name].qbw.TLG
What the TLG File Contains:
TLG (Transaction Log File) acts as one of the file types of QuickBooks created when you open the company file in any new location or device. It contains the duplicate files of .QBW file, whereas the main file is stored in .QBW file.
When you update the transactions in the QuickBooks company file and then saved the changes, these modifications get stored in the TTG file. TTG stands for the Transaction log file. It helps to track all the changes in TTG files. This file rapidly grows and might expand more than the QBW file.
When the TTG files grow, then there will be some performance decrease. The increased size directly impacts the performances, procedures, and backup programs. It contains an ND file type; it acts as the NetConnect file with the content related to the company file’s multi-user access. It should not be deleted.
What is the Use of TLG File:
The TLG files have no usage in the day-to-day tasks of QuickBooks. You don’t have a method to look at it; it does not affect any other tasks. The advantage of the TLG file is in data restoration. If your company file gets damaged or erased in some scenario, then the TLG files can be replaced in conjunction with the active backup. This is done to restore the transactions that you entered during backup.
The TLG file is created each time you open the company file in a new location. The main file with QBW is beneficial in data recovery when a file gets corrupted. However, all transactions in the company file are duplicated in the .TTG file.
How Can You Restore a TLG File:
If you accidentally deleted your QuickBooks data file to the recycle bin or mistakenly deleted the import file, you can easily recover .TLG file. It must be valid to replay the files or information of the TLG file into another backup.
Use TLG Recovery Service:
QuickBooks TLG Recovery Service is used to restore data in the TLG file. There are two ways to implement the TLG recovery service.
- Replay the contents into an Older Backup file
- Copy the data of the company file to recover the wrong data.
Importance of QuickBooks TLG File:
TLG file is used to track the company finance; it comprises a list of logs pending uncommitted transactions to the .qbw file. Here is a list of pointers which display the significance of the TLG file:
- It helps in tracking data change in the last created backup.
- In any external failure like Program crashes, corruption, or any other connection issues, the TLG file is used to restore data
- It must be kept in the same directory in which there appear QBW files.
- When you mistakenly miss any important file in the company file, you can easily process data recovery TLG file into an older backup
- Every time you complete a manual backup process in QuickBooks, the Transaction log file is reset. The TLG file automatically recovers the data file if QuickBooks loses the connection to the company file. This method is highly recommended when your files are not repairable due to the damaged data.
Need Expert Advice
Hopefully, the above article about what is the QuickBooks TLG file becomes a helping hand for you! If you face any difficulty understanding the given concept or need to explore more, call QuickBooks ProAdvisor. The experts are there for you to solve all your queries. You can do a live chat or drop an email with your issue. One of the team members will get back to you without keeping you waiting!