This article will give you the solution on how to resolve the “QuickBooks Unable to Send Email“, and “QuickBooks Email Error“. QuickBooks have made life easier for business owners with its various features and functions.
While the software is user-friendly there are also at times glitches that the user faces, just like when QuickBooks is unable to send Emails. But the glitches like such should not stop you from using QuickBooks. The program helps you in sending emails directly from the software via attaching reports, invoices, and other docs and sending them to their clients, customers, suppliers, etc.
So once you decide to start using QuickBooks for mail there are several options for email integration like web Mail, Outlook, and QuickBooks E-mail. But as discussed already that there certain issues that people face at times.
Table of Contents
- 1 Causes QuickBooks Unable to Send Emails to Outlook
- 2 How to Fix the QuickBooks Unable to Send Email Issue
- 2.1 Step 1: Check that QuickBooks is not running as an administrator
- 2.2 Step 2: Correct the email preferences set up in QuickBooks
- 2.3 Step 3: Correct the email preference set up in Internet Explorer
- 2.4 Step 4: Uninstall QuickBooks
- 2.5 Can’t Email from QuickBooks Pro 2015 using Outlook through Office 2013
- 3 Fixing QuickBooks Gmail issue
- 4 How to Set up Email in QuickBooks
Causes QuickBooks Unable to Send Emails to Outlook
This error occurs when you try to send mail to Outlook with QuickBooks. The cause of the error can be due to any of the following reasons.
- Email preferences had been set up incorrectly
- The DLL file is flawed
- QB running as administrator
- Installation of the QuickBooks is improper
- Outlook has been installed improperly
- Outlook is open in the background while you are trying to email through QuickBooks.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Unable to Send Email Issue
If you’re having trouble sending an email through QuickBooks, there may be a problem with your email account.
Step 1: Check that QuickBooks is not running as an administrator
- Open QuickBooks and then go to Properties.
- Select and click on Properties
- Select the Compatibility Tab
- Next, you have to deselect Run this program as Administrator
- Click on OK
- Next restart QuickBooks
Step 2: Correct the email preferences set up in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks
- Look for the Edit and click on it
- Next select Preferences
- From there select and click on Send Forms
- Click on the My Preference button
- Next in the Send e-mail decide the option you want to use and click on OK
- To set preference is correctly
- Select Edit > Preferences > Send Forms
- Click My Preference tab > Choose QuickBooks Email and then click on OK
- Select Edit > Preferences
- Next, go to Outlook and click on OK
- Next, you should close QuickBooks
- Next restart your Windows
- Then restart your QuickBooks
- Now try to send the email and report.
Step 3: Correct the email preference set up in Internet Explorer
- First, close the QuickBooks that you have opened
- Next, open the Internet Explorer
- Click on Tools > Internet Options
- Click on the Programs tab
- Select the correct email as the default email program. Next, click on Apply and then click on OK
- Next, close the Internet Explorer
- Then open QuickBooks
- Try to mail the report you attempted earlier
Step 4: Uninstall QuickBooks
- Uninstall QuickBooks and do a clean reinstallation of the software.
Can’t Email from QuickBooks Pro 2015 using Outlook through Office 2013
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Send Forms
- Under My Preferences select Web Mail
- Enter your email and server info.
Fixing QuickBooks Gmail issue
- Check QuickBooks email options
- Set up Gmail properly in QuickBooks
- Try to send an invoice via Gmail. In case of any complaints regarding QuickBooks Gmail not working, dial our toll-free.
How to Set up Email in QuickBooks
- Choose the email method
- Open and click the Setup my email now icon
- On the left side of the Preference window,> select Send Forms
- Choose the My Preferences button and click Add
- Add Email will have the following options:
- Enter your Gmail address in the Email ID
- Select Gmail in the Email Provider drop-down list
- Then click on OK
- You can set the Gmail account as the default e-mail id then click on OK
- Now try to email a transaction.
If you still face issues and still complaining about QuickBooks being unable to send Emails, then you can always get in touch with our Ask for Accounting QuickBooks Error consultants helpdesk now.