Some glitches within the system, one such problem is when they see an error message “QuickBooks Won’t Print” checks, PDF, and invoices. In the last few years, QuickBooks has become very useful and important accounting software for both small and medium-sized business owners.
However, before even the user embarks on the journey of resolving the printing error of QuickBooks the user should ensure that the software has been updated with the software’s latest version and the printer is connection connected to the computer.
How to Fix QuickBooks Won’t Print Checks, PDF, and Invoices
Once these are checked and ensured the user can follow the below steps to resolve the printing error checks, PDF, and invoices.
Step 1: Setting up Printer and Faxes
- The printer should be switched off by the user, then restart the computer, and then the printer should be switched on again.
- The user should ensure that the paper in the printer’s paper tray is loaded correctly and there are no folds or tears on the paper.
- Next, go to the computer’s ‘Window Start’ icon, and click on that.
- Next, select the ‘Control Panel’ and from there select ‘Printers and Faxes’ and double click on it.
- Next on the Printer, do a right-click and a tab will appear.
- From the tab select ‘Use Printer Online’ in case it is showing that the Printer is Offline.
- After this do a double click on the printer and from the tab that appears select the icon ‘Printer’ and from there ‘Cancel All Documents.
Step 2: Print Test Page on Word-pad
This step is necessary in order to fix your error “QuickBooks won’t print” error.
- The user then should close the window.
- After this the user should do right-click on the printer, the icon ‘Properties’ will appear, and select that after that click on Print Test Page.
- Once the printer accepts the test page printing, and then the user should do a test of the printer by using a WordPad. This should be done by following these methods
- Once again click on the icon ‘Start’ and then on ‘Run’
- Enter the word ‘WordPad’ and press OK
- Once the WordPad opens key in some words or alphabets and goes to File.
- Click on File and from the drop-down menu select and click on Print.
- This will open a tab select the print option and click on it.
- The user must ensure that the printer does not show any error lights.
Note:- In case the printer, shows the signal of error, the test page is not printing, or the WordPad document is not printing, the user should refer to the printer’s manufacture’s document.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Printer Setup Won’t Open Issue
If by trying the steps above if you are not able to fix your issue and you still see the same error message: “QuickBooks won’t print” then go through the following steps:
- The QuickBooks Qbprint.qbp file can be renamed and then the user can try to print it.
- Try and print a similar format and type of file, to check if the problem is with the file type and format or the software.
- Try printing in small batches.
- Make sure the driver of the printer is of the latest version.
- Check whether the printer is on a validated network.
- Ensure that the printer detail is set up properly on the QuickBooks desktop.