QuickBooks introduces many new and improved features to reduce all account complexities and handle your accountancy management with more accuracy. Most of the users need to know about how to receive and categorize invoice payments in QuickBooks Online. This blog will help you to resolve this issue with all required information. To know “how to receive and categorize invoice payments in QuickBooks online“, users need to perform the below instructions.
How to Save the Record of all Transactions:
The first thing users have to know how to save the record of all transactions in QuickBooks Online
- If you find your customer paid for the service or for any product, make sure you give them a sales receipt
- In any case, if your clients/customers have plans to pay in future and then send them invoices
- Once customer paid their all invoices, then there is just one step to record and categorize all payments
- Users just need to go with steps in which they get instructions on how users got all payments. If your customer use utilize an outside payment method like PayPal or Square then there is no issue
- Once your clients/customers done with the payment process and then categorized into the right account.
How to Record and Categorize Invoice Payment:
After receiving Payments, the user needs to know about how to record an invoice payment with these following steps.
- Hit your click on the “Select + New” option simultaneously
- Then choose the “Receive Payment” option
- After that, the user needs to choose the customer name from the available options
- Go to the “Outstanding Transactions” field; choose the “Transaction” option you would like to choose for the calculation of QuickBooks online. As per your according, select those specific items and the total payment changes
- Click on the “Payment method” as per the needed
- Fill the reference number and Memo if it is necessary
- There are two options available either you can deposit the cash to checking account or to just un-deposited funds
- Then click on Save and close
How to Run Group Payments together into a Single Record:
If you want to make group multiple payments together just because you deposited certain payments do with checks at banks but all at once, and then use the Un-deposited Funds account. User must know about that he/she uses only if all bank recorded merge with multiple payments shows as a single record.
How to Record the Partial Payments?
The user has an option to record only that part of the payment which is owned and keep navigation mode on to track an invoice’s open balance. To record the partial payments, the user needs to follow the below steps
- Enter your click on “Select + New” option at once
- Next click on the “Receive Payment” option
- From the drop menu, choose the customer name and select the “Payment Method”
- Fill all required information such as reference numbers. Enter the Memo section if it is applicable
- Enter on the “Amount Received” section and choose the “Amount of the payment” option
- Hit your enter on the “Outstanding Transactions” option and select that particular payment, you need to apply for the payment
- User can deposit money with checking account option or also has an option to choose an undeposited funds account
- Then click on save and close and you are done with this process
How to View the Remaining Balance?
- Firstly, user need to re-open an invoice
- Then the “Balance Due Line” option will appear on your screen
- Then, drop your click on the “Reports”
- After that, go to the “Find Report by name” section and enter Customer Balance Details as per they asked
- And choose “Run Report” and you are all done with this process
Need any help? Connect QuickBooks Professional team
The above information is enough to know about how the user can easily receive and categorize invoice payments but still if any query confuses you, without any second thought. QuickBooks support team always welcome to help its customers with 24-hour active service. To get more guidance, you can chat with QB expertise via LIVE CHAT link or send your all questions at this email address email@example.com.