How to record cash purchases in QuickBooks
QuickBooks makes it easy for its users to record both cash and online purchases. Further, these transactions can be classified into different categories. You can also tag purchases for classifying them. Thus if you are looking to figure out how to record cash purchases in QuickBooks then we will help you answer that as well.
With in QuickBooks, each transaction is posted directly to the general journal. Through this journal, users can easily create ledgers, balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other useful financial statements and reports.
How to record cash purchases in QuickBooks easily?
Adding and deleting purchases in QuickBooks is quite easy. For recording entries, we will use invoices and bills. To record a particular transaction in QuickBooks, follow the steps provided below:
- Click on the Create Button
- Select on Invoice
- Click on the input field that says ‘Choose a customer’. Either select a previously created customer or add a new one.
- Enter Email, Billing Address, Terms, Invoice Date and Due Date
- Enter Product/ Service Name along with Description, Quantity, Rate, Amount, and Tax. You can add multiple Products/ services by clicking on add lines
- Mention the Taxable Subtotal and Discount offered.
- Enter ‘Message Displayed on Invoice.’
- Click on Save and Close
The invoice will now be automatically added to the transactions. Further, creating bills and payments is just as easy. The layout for all the three are similar and you won’t have any problems in adding bills and payments, if you know how to work with invoices. The recorded invoice will be displayed in both the general journal and sales receipt. You can even filter down the results to find a particular transaction.
If you have followed the above steps, then you should be clear by now on “How to record cash purchases in QuickBooks”, but what if you want to post to an account.
How to sync bank account with QuickBooks?
Users can post transactions to a particular account. These accounts can be accessed through Chart Of Accounts. You can select a particular transaction and click on the print command for getting a hard copy of the form.
There are other automated methods through which users can record transactions. Automating the task of recording transactions can be done by linking a bank account with QB. There are many perks of doing so. To link your bank account with QB, follow the steps provided below:
- Log into QuickBooks
- Click on Connect Account. This option is present on the Bank Account Card which can be accessed through the dashboard
- Click on the Search Field and type in the name of your bank
- Enter correct credentials for your bank
- From the provided options, select the type of your bank account
You can now easily work with bank account directly from QuickBooks. All transactions will be synced directly from the bank account. For the first sync, users need to classify each transaction. After this, QB remembers all the preferences of users and automatically adds and classifies all the transactions. These transactions are posted to relevant accounts, which again can be accessed through chart of accounts.
In case you encounter errors or issues while adding transactions in QuickBooks, feel free to contact us. Our in-house QuickBooks ProAdvisors can resolve your errors and guide you through the process of creating a new transaction in QB and linking your bank account with QB. Thus wait no longer and get in touch with us now.
Still in Doubt…!
Request a Call Back
Talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor and resolve your issue over a phone call.