If you are using QuickBooks as a beginner then most likely you may have endless queries that needs an answer. How to restore a portable file in quickbooks is one such query that people often find themselves confused with. This is why “Ask for Accounting” has come into the picture to provide QuickBooks expert support to anyone in need.
Inorder to restore a portable company file, we first need to understand what really a portable company file is. Well, it is a compressed file that is very compact in size. It is created so that one can transfer its financial data just over an email.
By compressed company file we mean that it doesn’t include any media, such us logos or images or templates as a part of portable file.
Steps on how to create a portable company file in QuickBooks:
If you are amazed by the very definition of Portable company files as they save lot of your storage space then here is how you can create them:
- Login to your quickbooks account and choose the file option. You can find that on the top of your navigation bar.
- From the drop down list provided, click on create a copy. This is required, as you want to create a portable copy of your file.
- From the list of options click on the portable company file and hit next.
- Now you will be asked where you want to save your file. Select the path and hit save.
- Your file will now be saved with an extension as .QBM
Steps on how to restore a portable file in QuickBooks:
- By having quickbooks logged in, navigate to Files tab again.
- A drop down will appear, from the options provided, click on the Open/Restore QB file.
- From there choose the Restore a portable QB file and hit next.
- A path will open wherein you will need to select the Portable file with .QBM extension.
- Choose the file and hit Open.
- Choose the path where in you want your portable file to restore and hit next.
- Before clicking save, you would be required to rename the company file. This is required so that the previous changes made shouldn’t overwrite your work in the existing file.
- Once everything done, hit Save and your portable company file will be restored with Quickbooks.
Dial for QuickBooks Support at their tollfree number 1800-865-4183.
If the above given steps weren’t of any help and you are still searching out for “how to restore a portable file in QuickBooks” then connect with our 24/7 support line. Our QuickBooks technicians remain available round the clock. Thus even if you are calling from a different time zone then worry not, we have got you covered with our instant help.