Sage 50 was given some tweaks for the Sage 50 2023 version as well. The purpose of this article is to discuss the Sage 50 U.S Edition System Requirements, the release date, and what new features have been added by the developers at the Sage Group.
The Sage 50 application is a Windows Application that is developed by the Sage Group. It caters primarily to the needs of small-sized and medium-sized businesses. The first stable release of the Sage 50 application was in the year 2021, and ever since then, the developers at the Sage Group have continued to work on improving various aspects of the software in order to be able to provide the best user experience and the support that businesses need.
Table of Contents
Sage 50 2023 U.S Edition System Requirements
There is a thing that needs to be noted before the user can start to match their workstation’s specifications to the required specification. The Sage Group has decided that the users will be able to download the United States Edition of Sage Accounting on a workstation that is running on Windows 7, but some features might glitch in the updates that will be put out in the future. Since March 2020, a warning message has been included in all the subsequent versions of Sage 50 Accounting, but the installation process is not halted.
Minimum Requirements for Sage 50 2023 U.S Edition
Below listed are the different kinds of requirements that a workstation must meet if the user is hopeful about being able to run the Sage 50 2023 application on it.
- Processor: A minimum of 2.0 GHz processor is required for both single and multiple users.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): A minimum of 8GB RAM is required for both single and multiple users.
- Operating System: Windows 10 will suffice as long as it is one out of the versions 21H1 and up, or if using Windows 11, it needs to come with the latest Microsoft Updates installed.
- Disk Space: A minimum of 1GB space on the hard disk is required. An additional disk space between 250MB – 850MB is required for the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Internet Browser: The Microsoft Edge browser is required with Sage Payroll Solutions, Sage Payments Solutions and other Connected Services integration. Other browsers like the Google Chrome browser and the versions of Microsoft Edge since 2020 are supported when accessing available Connected Services outside of the product.
- Microsoft .NET Framework: Framework 4.8 of Microsoft .NET is required.
- Display: At least a high-color (16-bit) SVGA video is required. A minimum screen resolution of 1280×800 is also required, but the preferred screen resolution is 1440×900 or higher. In addition, small fonts/DPI settings are also required.
- Internet Connection: Any online features and services that the user wishes to use can only be used if the user has an active internet connection. The minimum download and upload speeds recommended for best performance is 25MB and 10MB respectively.
- File Size: A maximum of 5GB file size is allowed for Sage Remote Data Access companies.
- Computer Name: The name of the computer must be less than or equal to 15 characters and it cannot exceed that limit.
Sage 50 U.S Version 2023 is able to integrate with the following software without any compatibility issues:
- Excel, Outlook, and Word integration require Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word (32-bit versions) 2013, 2016, and 2019 on the workstation.
- To conduct the full Microsoft 365 Integration, the workstation is required to have Microsoft 365 Business Basic, Standard, Premium or Enterprise Editions.
- Printers are supported by Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Adobe Reader Acrobat.
Requirements for Multiple Users
- Multi-user environments are only accessible to users who are using either the Sage 50 Premium Accounting application or any higher versions.
- Multi-user mode is best suited for the following Windows Server operating system: Windows Server 2022, Windows Server 2012 R2 (requires installation of KB3118401), Windows Server 2016 client-server networks; Windows 10 peer-to-peer networks.
- The maximum number of licensed named users that can use the multi-user mode simultaneously is five in the Sage 50 Premium Accounting application, whereas there can be a maximum of 40 named users for Sage 50 Quantum Accounting. The point to be noted is that a named user account is granted a license when selected in the user maintenance screen.
- There needs to be at least 2 GB of disk space for the installation of the different components on the server.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (requires installation of KB3118401), Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019 along with Remote Desktop Connection or Remote Desktop Web Connection client is required to run in a Windows Terminal Services environment. Having a maximum of 5 named users in the Sage 50 Premium Accounting application, or a maximum of 40 named users for Sage 50 Quantum Accounting is permitted.
- Additional memory is required by the Terminal Server when there is more than one user who is running under Windows Terminal Services.
- Customer Registration and the acceptance of the Licence Agreement for the Sage 50 Accounting software products are required.
Below written is the configuration that is recommended by the team over at the Sage Group office.
- Processor: The best processor according to the team is a 2.4 GHz processor (3rd Generation and higher Intel Core i3 and higher or AMD Ryzen 3 and higher) for both single users and multiple users.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): The best RAM according to the team is 8 GB of RAM for a single user and 16 GB and higher for multiple users.
- Internet Connection: A hard-wired high-speed internet connection on any machine using Remote Data Access would be optimal.
The Release Date for Sage 50 U.S. Edition 2023
The release date of the Sage 50 U.S. Edition 2023 application is October 18, 2022. Starting with version 2023.0, all the major versions that will be released in the future will now be scheduled to be released in the fall since it helps the Sage Group align the release of this product with many other products that they have to offer to the world.
In order to have their customers in compliance with the latest technology that they develop and release in the corporate world, and also the various changes that are brought about by newer operating systems, Sage Group will discontinue offering support for Sage 2022.
What’s New in Sage 50 U.S Edition 2023
There are a lot of new improvements that the developers at the Sage Group have brought about in the Sage 50 U.S Edition 2023, and there is no way to decide which one is the best since all of them have so much to offer. From the Actian Zen v15.1 Database to the Windows 11 operating system compatibility, it is safe to say that Sage Group has made major strides on the road of improving the Sage 50 application for users. Here are some of the improvements Sage has made.
Actian Zen v15.1 Database
One of the many fantastic improvements that the developers of the Sage 50 U.S Edition 2023 have made is in the Actian Zen Database. The latest version, version v15.1, is extremely capable and, in fact, efficient in keeping a business running without any interruptions. There are, in the latest release, various enhancements made in the performance and in terms of how stable the database can stay. And the best part is that this database management system does not require too much maintenance, which helps the user focus on their business more and the software less. A big reason to also shift to this latest release of the Actian Zen Database is that the older versions of the database have now been marked unsupported, which could possibly make users vulnerable to various sorts of risks and interruptions in work.
Windows 11 Compatibility
Sage 50 is compatible and able to fluently run on any workstation that was either updated from an older version of Windows or if the operating system was installed on the workstation for the first time. The system requirements listed above discuss which versions of Windows users can use the Sage 50 U.S. Edition 2023 on. But it is wise if the user uses the latest Sage 50 version on the mode up-to-date operating system because of the fact that any software that is developed is best compatible with the latest operating system that is available in the market.
Sage 50 Help
Users can now run the Sage 50 Help feature on whichever internet browser they prefer to use for anything else. Also, users are now able to add shortcuts to support resources on their desktops when installing.
eFile through Aatrix
With the newest update of the Sage 50 U.S. edition, users can now e-file their 1099/1096 tax forms from within the Sage 50 application, which now contains the Aatrix application. So, users are no more required to navigate anywhere outside the Sage 50 application when they wish to e-file their 1099/1096 tax forms. This can now be done from within the application.
Tax Form 1099
Users can now e-file their 1099/1096 tax forms from within the Sage 50 application, which now contains the Aatrix application. So, users are no more required to navigate anywhere outside the Sage 50 application when they wish to e-file their 1099/1096 tax forms. This can now be done from within the application.
New Design and User Interface Changes
The designers have introduced a new icon for the Sage 50 U.S. Edition 2023. Users will now be able to see a new and beautiful green Sage logo in the program. The designers have focused more on the colors green, black, and white. With this update, the new logo has definitely turned more appealing to the eyes.