Oftentimes when you try to access Sage on the second computer on your server you get an error. The error message may read something like: “A Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager“. If you receive the same error on your standalone workstation, then that also signals the problem too. But no worries as we are here to help.
Make sure that you can connect with experts via there Sage Support phone number any time of the day.
- 1 Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager: Reasons
- 2 How to Fix “Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating with the Connection Manager”?
- 2.1 1️⃣ Using the Primary system’s IP Address to open the company file.
- 2.2 2️⃣ When you have two Routers:
- 2.3 3️⃣ The Data is Placed in a Virtual Machine Server on top:
- 2.4 4️⃣ If your company file resides on a standalone computer:
- 2.5 5️⃣ Rebooting Your Server:
- 2.6 6️⃣ Installing the full version on the server:
Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager: Reasons
There are several factors that cause communication error on your Sage 50 and server:
- The Shared folder has been broken.
- Workstations are working on different servers.
- You are using Windows: XP, VISTA, Server 2008 on which Sage 50 2018 doesn’t work.
- Connection Manager is not turned on the server.
How to Fix “Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating with the Connection Manager”?
Learn how to Fix “Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating with the Connection Manager”. Follow the given simple steps to fix it.
Total Time: 30 minutes
1️⃣ Using the Primary system’s IP Address to open the company file.
🔹 Go to the Sage 50 icon on your computer screen.
🔹 Login and select Open An Existing Company.
🔹 Go to the File Name and type: \ The IP Address of computer where the data is stored
🔹 Go to the Data File (one with the extension .SAI)
🔹 Try to open the Company File now.
2️⃣ When you have two Routers:
🔹 Unplug your internal router’s router cable.
🔹 Turn off the internal router for at least one minute. (Remove the cable from the plug)
🔹 Start the router. (Plug the cable back)
🔹 Go to the data and try to access it.
🔹 If you can access the data, then it means:
● The IP address ranges of both internal router and internal service provider are conflicting.
● The router of the internal service provider is blocking the packets by its own firewall.
3️⃣ The Data is Placed in a Virtual Machine Server on top:
🔹 Ensure that you have installed the Connection Manager on the same server where data is placed.
🔹 If you find out that your data is on the virtual machine server but not on the actual server, then you are required to install Sage Connection Manager on the same virtual server.
4️⃣ If your company file resides on a standalone computer:
🔹 Ensure that the Sage Connection Manager is in working condition.
🔹 Ensure that you are able to open a sample company.
🔹 Copy and paste the files to the desktop.
🔹 Try to open the company file from the new location.
5️⃣ Rebooting Your Server:
🔹 If the computers were turned off because of some accidental error, some of the workstations will still be able to access the company file.
🔹 Reboot your computer, and reboot the server.
🔹 Check if you are able to open the file from the workstation.
6️⃣ Installing the full version on the server:
🔹 Download and install Sage 50 full version on your computer.
🔹 Check if the data or sample is able to work locally.
You can easily resolve your issue if you followed these simple steps provided above. However, if you are still facing the same error “A Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager” then connect with help. You can get yourself sorted at Sage 50 helpdesk at the toll free number provided above. unable to resolve the issue on your own, or if you need any Sage error technical assistance with Sage related any issue, you can get in touch with our Sage 50 Technical Support team working at our help desk.