Oftentimes when you try to access Sage on the second computer on your server you get an error. The error message may read something like: “A Network Error Occurred While Communicating with the Connection Manager“. If you receive the same error on your standalone workstation, then that also signals the problem too.
Sage 50 network error when you access the second computer on the server
Table of Contents
- 1 Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager: Reasons
- 2 How to Fix Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating with the Connection Manager
- 2.1 Step 1: Use the Primary system’s IP Address to open the company file
- 2.2 Step 2: When you have two Routers
- 2.3 Step 3: The Data is Placed in a Virtual Machine Server on top
- 2.4 Step 4: If your company file resides on a standalone computer
- 2.5 Step 5: Rebooting Your Server
- 2.6 Step 6: Installing the full version on the server
- 3 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager: Reasons
Several factors cause communication errors on your Sage 50 and server.
- The Shared folder has been broken.
- Workstations are working on different servers.
- You are using Windows: Windows 7, XP, VISTA, Server 2008 on which Sage 50 2018 doesn’t work.
- Connection Manager is not turned on the server.
How to Fix Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating with the Connection Manager
Learn how to Fix “Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating with the Connection Manager”. Follow the given simple steps to fix it.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Step 1: Use the Primary system’s IP Address to open the company file
🔹 Go to the Sage 50 icon on your computer screen.
🔹 Login and select Open An Existing Company.
🔹 Go to the File Name and type: \ The IP Address of the computer where the data is stored
🔹 Go to the Data File (one with the extension .SAI)
🔹 Try to open the Company File now.
Step 2: When you have two Routers
🔹 Unplug your internal router’s router cable.
🔹 Turn off the internal router for at least one minute. (Remove the cable from the plug)
🔹 Start the router. (Plug the cable back)
🔹 Go to the data and try to access it.
🔹 If you can access the data, then it means:
● The IP address ranges of both the internal router and internal service provider are conflicting.
● The router of the internal service provider is blocking the packets by its firewall.
Step 3: The Data is Placed in a Virtual Machine Server on top
🔹 Ensure that you have installed the Connection Manager on the same server where data is placed.
🔹 If you find out that your data is on the virtual machine server but not on the actual server, then you are required to install Sage Connection Manager on the same virtual server.
Step 4: If your company file resides on a standalone computer
🔹 Ensure that the Sage Connection Manager is in working condition.
🔹 Ensure that you can open a sample company.
🔹 Copy and paste the files to the desktop.
🔹 Try to open the company file from the new location.
Step 5: Rebooting Your Server
🔹 If the computers were turned off because of some accidental error, some of the workstations will still be able to access the company file.
🔹 Reboot your computer, and reboot the server.
🔹 Check if you can open the file from the workstation.
Step 6: Installing the full version on the server
🔹 Download and install Sage 50 full version on your computer.
🔹 Check if the data or sample can work locally.
You can easily resolve your issue if you follow these simple steps provided above. However, if you are still facing the same error “A Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager” and fix Sage slow over the network, then connect with help.
You can get yourself sorted at Sage 50 helpdesk at the toll-free number provided above. unable to resolve the issue on your own, or if you need any Sage error technical assistance with Sage related to any issue, you can get in touch with our Sage 50 technical Consultant team working at our help desk.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you access the connection manager?
● Click on the “Start Menu,” then select “Sage 50 Accounting Connection Manager” from the Sage 50 Accounting Connection Manager drop-down menu.
● Now, open Sage 50 accounting and then click on the setting setup and select the “Connection Manager,” and you’re done.
What is Sage 50: A network error occurred while communicating with the connection manager.
This error denotes slow performance and is typically caused by corrupted or damaged files. In any case, if your network connection is too slow, Sage 50 will time out and display an error message. Now all you have to do is check and configure the router to port and then proceed to both TCP. If you encounter any difficulties during this process, restart the server.
How to resolve the Sage 50: A network error occurred while communicating with the connection manager error message?
Sage 50 can be repaired in a variety of ways: While communicating with the connection manager, a network error occurred. However, before attempting to resolve it, the user must first determine the cause and then select an appropriate solution. You can simply open the company file using the primary IP address to resolve this error.