Messages like “Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working” or any other error message is not new to users using the program. If you are used to such errors then no longer have to worry as Sage 50 support professionals are here for your help “Sage not responding“.
However, a few technical issues sometimes can even obstruct the performance of Sage 50. Herein, it is important to have the right Sage 50 tech support professional by your side that can quickly fix the issue before it turns into a big problem. This article attempts to elucidate quick and easy methods to resolve the not responding issue with Sage 50.
- 1 Download PDF – Know Causes and Steps to Fix Issue Sage 50 Accounting has Stopped Working
- 2 Causes when Sage 50 Accounting has Stopped Working
- 3 Solution Step to Fix Sage 50 Accounting has Stopped Working Issue
- 3.1 Solution 1: Deactivate Compatibility Mode with Windows XP
- 3.2 Solution 2: Run Using Administrator Credentials
- 3.3 Solution 3: Boot up your Computer in case .SAI File is saved Locally on a Computer or shared with other end-users
- 3.4 Solution 4: Reboot Connection Manager Service
- 3.5 Solution 5: Force the Splash Screen Open
- 4 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 5 FAQ’s
Download PDF – Know Causes and Steps to Fix Issue Sage 50 Accounting has Stopped Working
Causes when Sage 50 Accounting has Stopped Working
There is a multitude of factors that can entail not responding to errors when accessing the Sage 50 application. Here is an exhaustive list of situations that can trigger non-responding issues.
- When the network drive gets disengaged
- Some of the processes running on the PC pose issues
- Pervasive is not activated
- If the user has configured an incorrect edition of the Pervasive application
- If the Microsoft .NET gets corrupted
- If the compatibility mode with Windows XP is active
- If the PC is running low on RAM
- If the Sage 50 release update is not completed
- If the application shortcut is corrupted
- If the UAC is activated
- If some of the files get locked owing to the sudden closure of a program
- If there is a corrupt user profile in Citric.
Since there are many reasons why you face Sage 50 accounting as stopped working error thus you would need to.
Solution Step to Fix Sage 50 Accounting has Stopped Working Issue
Here we have mentioned the solution steps to fix the sage 50 accounting has stopped working errors.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Solution 1: Deactivate Compatibility Mode with Windows XP
🔹 To start with, put the cursor on the Sage 50 icon and right-click on the same
🔹 Once done, you need to opt for Properties and from Properties
🔹 Go to the compatibility option to remove the tick from the box which says run this application in compatibility mode
🔹 Thereafter, Click OK
Solution 2: Run Using Administrator Credentials
🔹 First of all go to the Sage 50 icon and right-click on the same.
🔹 Choose Properties and from there go to the Compatibility tab.
🔹 Now, you need to opt for Run as Admin
🔹 Once done, click OK
🔹 Finally, validate that now you are not witnessing ant not responding issue
If Sage 50 not responding issue still arise then try out the solution given below:
🔹 Copy all the data locally and take backup of the same
🔹 If the process of copying is running slothfully, please check the file size. The issue may be at the server end or in the network
🔹 Restart the Server after when all the users are logged out and/or you can also restart the switch or router if it’s due to network contingency
🔹 Reboot router or switch if it’s a network issue
Solution 4: Reboot Connection Manager Service
🔹 First of all, you need to Go to the Start button in the bottom left corner of your monitor
🔹 In Search programs and files, type ‘Services.msc’
🔹 In Services .mscscreen, you need to right-click on the Database Connection Manager option and proceed to restart
Solution 5: Force the Splash Screen Open
🔹 Right-click on the Sage 50 icon
🔹 Then, click on the properties option
🔹 Now, Open a run box Copied what you copied from the goal line with an ABC on the end
🔹 The splash screen ought to be pressured open
Well, you can try the above-discussed methods to get back to the work. However, if you are unable to overcome this catch-22 situation, it is imperative to touch base with a professional Sage expert.
Our Sage 50 support experts are available to ensure a sigh of relief for Sage users, and in the case of Sage 50 accounting has stopped working errors. We make sure that you get the permanent fix. These professionals are well-acquainted with all the possible conditions that can obstruct the smooth functionality of the Sage accounting framework. Available 24*7 with chat support our customer care team ascertains that you make the best out of your Sage investment.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
How to make up a backup of your file to prevent data your data from losing while resolving the Sage 50 Stopped working error?
To make a Sage 50 backup follow the steps mentioned below:
● First, log in to the company you want to backup for.
● Now Select File.
● Once on the file option-click Backup.
● Then enter the file name in the ‘Sage 50 Accounting – Backup’ box.
● After giving it a name choose the location where you wish to save the backup.
● Finally, to begin the backup, click OK.
Note: If you’re using Sage 50 Premium or Quantum, make sure you’re in the single-user mode under administrator.
How can you reboot your router while resolving the Sage 50 stopped working issue?
To reboot your router while resolving the Sage 50 Stopped Working error, follow these steps:
● First, disconnect the modem and router from the power source.
● Then wait for at least 15 seconds.
● Now reconnect the modem to the power outlet.
● Then wait 1-2 minutes before turning on the router.
● Now before testing your internet connection, wait for all of the panel lights on your cable modem to become green.
After rebooting the connection manager service, how do you restart Sage 50?
After rebooting Connection Manager Sevice, follow the steps mentioned below to restart Sage 50:
● First, begin by clicking on the “Start Search” box.
● Then enter services.msc.
● Once done then press OK.
● Now locate Sage Service Host, and then right-click it.
● Finally, choose Restart.