Messages like “Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working” or any other error message is not new to users using the program. If you are used to such errors then no longer have to worry as Sage support professionals are here for your help.
Sage 50 is a subscription-based business management framework that has made accounting a breeze. This outstandingly built accounting platform empowers productivity while offering flexibility and security of cloud. In line with this, the solution enables organizations of all delineations to track payments, send invoices, manage inventory, and streamline all financial data in the most convenient manner.
However, a few technical issues sometimes can even obstruct the performance of Sage 50. Herein, it is important to have right Sage 50 technical support professional by your side that can quickly fix the issue before it turns into a big problem.
This article attempts to elucidate quick and easy methods to resolve the not responding issue with Sage 50:
Sage 50 Accounting has Stopped Working: Causes
There are a multitude of factors that can entail not responding error when accessing Sage 50 application. Here is an exhaustive list of situations that can trigger non responding issue:
- When the network drive gets disengaged
- Some of the processes running on the PC poses issues
- Pervasive is not activated
- If the user has configured an incorrect edition of Pervasive application
- If the Microsoft .NET gets corrupted
- If the compatibility mode with Windows XP is active
- If the PC is running low on RAM
- If the Sage 50 release update is not completed
- If the application shortcut is corrupted
- If the UAC is activated
- If some of the files gets locked owing to sudden closure of a program
- If there is a corrupt user profile in Citric
Since there are many reasons of why you face Sage 50 Accounting as stopped working error thus you would need to try out different solutions to fix this very problem.
- Sage 50 cannot communicate with your Email Program.
- Sage 50 Bank reconciliation discrepancy.
- Sage 50 cannot open company file, a required data file is missing.
Solution I: Deactivate compatibility mode with Windows XP
- To start with, put the cursor on Sage 50 icon and right-click on the same
- Once done, you need to opt for Properties and from Properties – Go to the compatibility option to remove the tick from the box which says run this application in compatibility mode
- Thereafter, Click OK
Solution II: Run using administrator credentials
- First of all go to Sage 50 icon and right-click on the same.
- Choose Properties and from there go to Compatibility tab.
- Now, you need to opt for Run as Admin
- Once done, click OK
- Finally, validate that now you are not witnessing ant not responding issue
If Sage 50 not responding issue still arise then try out the solution given below:
Solution III: Boot up your computer in case .SAI file is saved locally on a computer and/orshared with other end-users
- Copy all the data locally and take backup of the same
- If the process of copying is running slothfully, please check the file size. The issue may be at the server end or in the network
- Restart the Server after when all the users are logged out and/or you can also restart switch or router if it’s due to network contingency
- Reboot router or switch if it’s a network issue
Solution IV: Reboot Connection Manager Service
- First of all, you need to Go to Start button in the bottom left corner of your monitor
- In Search programs and files, type ‘Services.msc’
- In Services .mscscreen, you need to right-click on the Database Connection Manager option and proceed to restart
Well, you can try the above discussed methods to get back to the work. However, if you are unable to overcome through this catch-22 situation, it is imperative to touch base with a professional Sage expert.
Connect with us:
Our Sage Technical Support experts are available to ensure sigh of relief for Sage users, and in case of Sage 50 Accounting has Stopped Working error, we make sure that you get the permanent fix.
These professionals are well-acquainted with all the possible conditions that can obstruct the smooth functionality of the Sage accounting framework. Available 24*7 with Sage chat support our customer care team ascertains that you make best out of your Sage investment.