in this article we are going to show you how you can easily resolve the “Sage 50 Accounting is Not Calculating the CPP“. Sometimes, Sage users face issues in calculating the CPP amount while creating a pay-cheque. If the CPP is not being calculated or the CPP is at the maximum then the CPP amount is not calculated error occurs. But you don’t need to worry!!!
- 1 What are the Reasons behind Sage 50 Not Calculating CPP Amount
- 2 How to Resolve Sage 50 Accounting is Not Calculating the CPP
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Reasons behind Sage 50 Not Calculating CPP Amount
- If they have already reached their maximum deductions.
- Recheck the birthday of the employee ( it should not be under 18).
- Go to the Employee Ledger, Taxes tab and see if the deduction CPP checkbox is turned on.
How to Resolve Sage 50 Accounting is Not Calculating the CPP
You can resolve CPP Amount is Not Calculating Error by just following the mentioned steps:
Step 1: Confirm that QPP/CPP is Checked to Calculate
- Select setup, then go settings and select payroll, and finally go to incomes.
- For Income, put a checkmark in the Calculate QPP /CPP.
Step 2: Confirm that the Payroll ID is Active
- Navigate to Help and then to About Sage 50.
- Select support information.
- Next, ensure that the Payroll ID is set to Active.
Step 3: Confirm the Employee’s Age
- Select the Employees icon.
- To analyze the record, double-click on the Employee name.
- Select the Personal tab.
- Check that the employee’s birth date is correct.
Note:- The CPP is only calculated when the employee is between the age of 18 and 70.
Step 4: Confirm that the Pay Periods are Correct
- Select the Income tab.
- Check the employee’s record to ensure the digit set for Periods per Year is correct.
Note:- The CPP only begins to calculate when the amount of the given Period exceeds the specified amount. CPP will not be calculated if the amount is less than the specified amount.
Step 5: Verify CPP Calculation
- Make a newer Pay-cheque and ensure that the Calculate Taxes Automatically tab on the Pay-cheque window is checked.
- Check that the CPP is now correctly calculated.
Please keep in mind that you will be unable to enable this preference if…
- Your company file is currently in history mode.
- You do not have a Sage Business Care Gold subscription.
- If you’ve scheduled your session for the following calendar year.
- The CPP has been depleted.
- If you make changes to the Setup and Settings. The checkmark on Calculate CPP/QPP may have been removed.
- Now, you must replace this checkmark in the column for each income source.
You will get a CPP Amount is Not Calculating error if you wrongly mention an employee’s income and deduction. However, we hope now you have enough information about the error and hopefully the above-mentioned steps will help you to fix it.
If you need any further help or need more info then please give us a call +1888-461-1609 Sage 50 support team 24/7.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it important to have the latest tax updates to fix CPP Amount is Not Calculating error?
Yes, it is necessary to have the latest tax updates. Just follow the easy steps to do so:
● Go to help and then go to Sage 50.
● Now just confirm you have the latest version of Sage 50.
Do you need to verify the Employee age to fix the error?
If the employee age is wrongly listed then it will surely show the CPP Amount is Not Calculating error. So just double check the birthday of the employee and see if the age group of the employee is between the age of 18 and 70.
How can you set taxes to be calculated automatically?
● Open the Paycheck Journal and Generate a paycheck as usual.
● Enter the earnings figures > Select the Taxes tab.
● To enable automatic calculations, make sure the El and CPP boxes are grey.
● Select – Calculate taxes automatically to switch to automatic calculation.
● If the manual button does not allow you to select the automatic or recalculate buttons, run SA_ Sage dbutil.exe to correct the missing paychecks, payment journal, and sales tax codes.