Sage is easy but only to those who knows how to use it. Since it is a pretty useful software but at times you encounter issues that simply goes over your head. One such problem involves a message: Sage 50 There Is An Error Connecting to a Database.
As is already clear with the message that this is a database related error which prevents you from accessing your company file. If left un-addressed then it may pose some serious threat over your financial data. If you don’t want to take this kind of risk then we suggest dial our Sage tech Support number and get help instantly.
Find the Shortcuts
Resolution Steps: Sage 50 Cannot connect to Database
There are several ways that you can follow to have your issue fixed related to your database. These include the below given methods…
Solutions 1: When Data files are Located on the Server Computer:
Initially, testing with your sample company. In case the Sample company file could not be opened, we will go through these steps:
- Ensuring that the server hosting data has a properly configured firewall. Please notice that it is important to add the ports which establish the communication with the Connection Manager.
- Check the location of your data on the server, whichever it is, and the drive (Partition). It could be possible that the program is installed on C:/ drive while data is located in the D:/ drive.
- Permissions of the folder hosting data should be checked properly.
- Go to the root of C:/ folder and create a new folder there.
- Cut the data from the other location and paste it in the new folder in the C:/ drive.
- Ensure that everyone has full permission.
- Go to the new folder and try to access data from there.
- Now use the IP address of the server to access the data.
- In case the data was opened without any problem the previous time you tried; shut down your computer, start it again and retry loading the data.
- Go to the firewall and Antivirus (If Any) and look for any blocked Sage 50 Process there. If you find any, grant them full access.
- If you are a Windows XP user, the problem is with the .NET framework if even after configuring the firewall/antivirus the sample company refuses to open or doesn’t work properly. You will need to repair the .NET framework.
- In case you are using Windows 7/8/8.1 and the local sample company is not responding, then it is possible that the .NET components have been damaged.
Solution 2: Checking the ODBC Issue
- Go to the Control Panel and then to Program and Features or Add/Remove Programs to see if ODBC is intalled on your computer. Also ensure that MySQL Connector/ODBS 3.51 and MySQL Connector/ODBS 3.52(a) are also installed.
- If you find them installed on your computer then resolve the data inconsistencies. (Get in touch with our Experts).
- If you find the ODBC missing, then you need to install it by browsing to this location: C:SageSage 50 Accounting <version>BINMySQLODBC
- Go to mysql-connector-odbc-commercial-<version>.exe, right-click and select
Solution 3: Calling Askforaccounting.com
If you followed these simple methods provided above, then the problem you had should be resolved by now. But in case you are still facing the problem “Sage 50 There Is An Error Connecting To A Database” then connect with us.