Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database Because Some Database Files Are Read-Only, stay calm if you are facing the sage 50 bug. If you are a sage user then such kind of issues shouldn’t be new to you. As you know how sage works and how it can be effective within your accounting system then you should also be aware that Sage is not free from errors. But yes if there are issues within the program then there are solutions as well that fix your problem in no time.
Sage 50 is a globally accepted accounting software by the small and medium sized industries. It comprise of advanced features, tools and modules that helps the businesses to accelerate quick growth. The features automates the functioning of the financial and accounting tasks and saves plenty of time. Although Sage 50 is incorporated with potential features like other software but it also encounter errors. One such error is Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database.
When any software encounter error there are reasons behind the error. Those could be technical or functional. The technical errors can be reported to the customer support team for instant fixation. But prior to that identification of the cause of the error is imperative. There are multiple possible reasons that can give rise to this error. Go through the reasons mentioned below:
- 1 Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database Because Some Database Files Are Read-Only: Reasons
- 2 How to Resolve Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database
- 2.1 Section I: Improper Permissions to try the Financial Data Location
- 2.2 Section II: Data File Attributes Configured to Read Only
- 2.3 Section III: Encrypted file or folder
Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database Because Some Database Files Are Read-Only: Reasons
- The company file shuts down after creating a backup copy, however, it is running in the background.
- Multiple database files and attributes has been converted to Read Only mode.
- Issue in Windows or the .NET framework.
- The program has not sufficient permissions to access the location where the data is saved.
- Company financial data saved on read-only media (for eg. CD, DVD).
How to Resolve Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database
Section I: Improper Permissions to try the Financial Data Location
Resolution I: Raise the Permissions of Sage 50
- Click on the Sage 50 program on desktop
- Choose Properties -> then choose Compatibility tab.
- Verify the box thoroughly “Run this program as administrator”.
- Then end Sage 50 program.
- Open Sage 50 once again.
- Check if you are able to access the company data
Resolution II: Move the Data to a Location from where it can be Accessed
- Navigate to the location where the company data is saved.
- Choose the Sage 50 Data File and the corresponding SAJ folder. Note: Press CTRL key at the time of clicking the data file.
- Click on the right either one -> Choose Cut option.
- Move to a location that is easily accessible. for e.g. C:Accounting Data
- Click on the right and select paste option. Also you can Choose Ctrl+V on your keyboard
- Open the company files in the new location with choosing the existing company.
Resolution III: Recover & Restore from backup copy into a new folder destination
Once you recover you can restore the backup file into a new folder location that can be directly created under the C drive.
Resolution IV: Edit the Permissions of the Folder Comprising the Company Data
- Search the right folder that includes all the financial data.
- Click on the right side on the folder -> Choose Properties.
- Then choose the Security tab.
- Go to Edit and in case notified, allow permissions in the UAC.
- Choose the Users group or add the group if it is not added earlier.
- Provide permissions to the users group to modify and write to the folder.
- Open Sage 50 program and try to access the company data.
Now have a quick look if you are able to fix your error code “Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database Because Some Database Files Are Read-Only”. If the problem still persist then jump on to 2nd section.
Section II: Data File Attributes Configured to Read Only
- Navigate to the folder where the crucial company data is stored.
- Click on the right of the Sage 50 Data File -> then choose Properties.
- In case the Read only attribute is checked Uncheck tit -> then choose Apply.
- Click on the right of the SAJ folder -> then choose Properties.
- Uncheck the Read-only attribute if it is checked, then select Apply.
- Choose Apply changes to this folder and the subfolders as well as the company files.
- Choose OK.
Section III: Encrypted file or folder
- Navigate to the company files saved location.
- Click on the right on the file or folder (follow this for both the *.SAJ folder and the *.SAI file), then go to Properties.
- Choose the General tab -> Choose Advanced.
- Remove all the encrypt contents to safeguard the data checkbox, then choose OK.
- Select OK.
Hope you are able to fix your “Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database Because Some Database Files Are Read-Only” error. But incase you are still having hardship resolving your error then Sage Support staff is ready to help you. You just need to connect with Sage professionals at their tollfree number at 1855-481-5340 and get all the assistance you need.