Sage 50, the most popular accounting software, is widely used today by all business houses. It provides excellent features and its users with regular updates. One such update of Sage 50 2021 causes an issue “Sage 50 Can not Open Company 2021” that delays the productivity of the users. However, you don’t need to worry anymore, in this blog, we are going to show you how you can fix the Sage 50 2021 can’t open company file issue, another same issue is Sage 50 can’t open company file a required data file is missing.
- 1 What are the Reasons behind Can’t Open Company Sage 50 2021
- 2 How to Resolve Sage 50 Can Not Open Company 2021 Issue
- 2.1 Method 1: Run the Application as Administrator
- 2.2 Method 2: Data may be Corrupted
- 2.3 Method 3: You may have Missing or Hidden Files or Folders
- 2.4 Method 4: Your Sage 50 Version has Not been Updated
- 2.5 Method 5: Network Connections are Not Working or are Inoperable Down
- 2.6 Method 6: Determine whether your Connection is Secure
What are the Reasons behind Can’t Open Company Sage 50 2021
- Your antivirus software is preventing you from accessing the data.
- Data may be corrupted.
- The Sage 50 version has not been updated.
- Data can be restricted.
- The operating system has not been updated.
- You are unable to connect to your network.
Before moving on to the Methods of Resolution, make certain that…
- You must disable all VPNs.
- Any antivirus software is paused or stopped.
How to Resolve Sage 50 Can Not Open Company 2021 Issue
Method 1: Run the Application as Administrator
- First and foremost, close the Sage 50.
- Now, go to the Sage icon and right-click it. Select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Open the company file now.
- Send the data to a new location, and then add permissions to it.
- Locate the.SAI file and the SAJ folder, then copy and paste them to the C drive. Add user permissions for everyone.
- Check that there are no hidden files in the.SAJ folder. Finally, try to reopen the company file.
Method 2: Data may be Corrupted
- If the data is corrupt, you must restore it from a backup.
- If you did not restore the data, you must contact Sage professionals and ask them if the data can be restored.
- Navigate to the file location where the company file is stored.
- Locate the .SAJ folder and ensure that all of the necessary files and folders are present.
Method 4: Your Sage 50 Version has Not been Updated
- You must obtain the most recent version of Sage 50.
- Once the Sage 50 latest version has been downloaded, manually install the update, which is located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sage Software\Simply Accounting\Download.
Method 5: Network Connections are Not Working or are Inoperable Down
- Check to see if you have access to the drive or location where your files are stored.
- If you keep the file on a network location and are unable to access that location or network drive, you should contact IT professionals right away.
Method 6: Determine whether your Connection is Secure
- Click the Start button.
- Look for the control panel.
- Look for the Network and Internet option.
- Select the Network and Sharing option. Except for public networks, ensure that the network’s status is Private/Work/Home/Domain.
- If it says “public,” change it to “private.”
We hope now you have enough information about the error and hopefully the above-mentioned steps will help you in Resolving Sage 50 can not open company or Sage 50 not connected to company data location. If you need any further help or need more info then please give us a call +1888-461-1609 Sage 50 support team.