Oftentimes people complain about an issue within their accounting program where they report “Sage 50 Connection Manager error“. The error within their windows operating system often reads:
Sage 50 connection manager isn’t running on this computer where you store your data. Ask for help
The connection manager could not start the database engine
You see another issue going on when using Sage Simply Accounting 2012, which reads:
The Sage Simply Accounting Connection Manager is installed but it isn’t running on the computer where you store your data.
Causes of Sage 50 Connection Manager Error
There are several reasons why this error may appear on your computer screen:
- Sage 50 Connection Manager service is not running on the same computer which holds the company data.
- Connection manager settings would be disabled if it is local data.
- In case the data is not local, instead, it is located on the server, the connection manager is not installed locally either and it too is running on the server.
- If the computer that contains the data is being upgraded. If this is something that is bugging you then get help at Sage 50 Update Support.
- Windows is not updated to its latest version.
- In case the data is either located on the local folders, i.e. My Folder, the file sharing and security settings might be compromised.
- Program installation was not through even after indicating that it was.
- Once upgraded to Windows 10, either the service has been disabled or it fails to start back on its own.
If you are not sure what the problem is and demand instant resolution then ask for Sage Support and get your problems sorted all with ease connect with the Sage 50 experts team via call or chat…
How to Fix Sage 50 Connection Manager Error
Here mention the steps to fix the sage 50 connection manager error…
Total Time: 25 minutes
Method 1: Starting the Connection manager service by using the Control Panel:
🔹 Go Windows Control Panel.
🔹 Go to View by and change it either to the Large Icons or Small Icons on the top right corner of the open window.
🔹 Opt for Administrative Tools.
🔹 Now choose Services.
🔹 Browse Sage 50 Connection Manager, and verify by clicking on it if the Startup Type column has been disabled, whether Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start).
🔹 In case you find it disabled: Go to Sage 50 Database Connection Manager, right-click on it, and opt for Properties.
🔹 Go to the General tab and switch the Startup Type to either Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start).
🔹 Hit Apply.
🔹 Hit Start to make the service active.
🔹 Finally, try opening the database.
🔹 Shut down Sage 50 if it is open.
🔹 Go to the Task Manager and click on the Processes tab.
🔹 Click on ‘Show Processes from all users.’
🔹 Terminate all the Sage 50 related processes.
🔹 Go to the Services windows and right-click on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and hit Start.
🔹 Service status will change to Started.
🔹 Try to open your Sage 50 file once again.
Method 2: If the Data File is Located in My Documents
🔹 Go to the root of the C: drive and create a new folder there.
🔹 Now copy and paste the data file (.SAI file and .SAJ folder) to this new folder for all of the companies.
🔹 In case the file is being used by multiple users across the workstations, get the new folder set to a new shared network.
🔹 Launch the data file from the new folder.
In case Connection Manager service is on Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start) but the status of service is stuck on ‘Starting’ instead of ‘Started.’
Once you have covered every step above, reverify if you are sorted with Sage 50 Connection Manager Error. If in case you are facing the same error again then follow the method down below:
Following these simple solutions will ensure complete troubleshooting of the Sage 50 Connection Manager error. Get in touch with our Sage 50 Technical Support Team. If you face any Sage 50 issue while going through the process. Get yourself connected with our Sage Chat support. For instant redressal of your problem, dial +1888-461-1609 our 24/7 helpline now.