In today’s blog, we will guide you on how to update your data to the most recent edition, just follow the steps outlined below to “Sage 50 Data Conversation“ to convert our Sage 50 data to the most recent version”.
You will be required to update and upgrade your Sage accounting software to the most recent version available to improve and manage your business much better and more easily. With the most recent Sage 50 upgrades, you can do a lot more for your company and increase its productivity.
Steps to Take Backup Before Converting Sage 50 Data
- Make a backup of your company file in case anything goes wrong during data conversion.
- Navigate to File > Properties. Then, make a note of the location and name of your Company File.
- Simply Accounting editions 7.0 and lower use the .asc file format.
- Simply Accounting edition 8.0 until 2007 used the .sdb file format.
- The file format for editions 2008 and higher is .sai.
- When performing the conversion, make sure the UAC (User Account Control) is turned off.
- To complete this step, navigate to the Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- When performing the conversion, ensure that all firewall, antivirus, and anti-spyware devices are turned off.
- Save your data to a local drive and then run Advanced Database Check. After that, convert the data and save it back to its original location.
Getting an "Backup not completed" issue while Backup Sage 50 data/company file to fix Sage backup error.
Sage 50 Data Conversion Procedure
- Launch the most recent Sage 50 application.
- The Welcome Screen appears, displaying a variety of options.
- Option 1: Click on “Open the company…” and then OK if the file displayed is yours.
- A message will be displayed informing you that your data has been updated to a newer format.
- Continue to press Next until you see the FINISH option.
- Click on the option SELECT AN EXISTING COMPANY and then click OK.
- The LOOK IN: FIELD can be found in the Open Company Window. You must change this to the folder containing your data file.
- Then, click on your data and then OK.
- A message will be displayed informing you that your data will be updated to a newer format.
- Click Next several times to proceed through the Upgrade wizard, then click Finish.
Convert Sage 50 Data from Older Versions to a Newer Version
Problems with Sage 50 Data Conversion
Several issues/errors may occur during a Sage 50 data conversion, including:
- Sage 50 is unable to be opened following data conversion.
- Data cannot be converted to newer edition software.
- Problem with Sage 50’s Automatic Backup.
- The conversion process fails when attempting to convert a data file to a newer version.
- Data cannot be converted from an older version of Sage 50 to a newer version.
We hope the steps outlined above assist you in Sage 50 Data Conversion. However, you may contact our Sage well-versed staff of specialists whenever you have a problem. To get connected and learn more contact Sage 50 support trained professionals for help.