Some files on Sage 50 sometimes stop responding due to some reasons. You check that the same files might be active sometime ago. You need to find out the cause behind the file error to be able to troubleshoot it properly. Sage 50 File System Error Number 100 In File [Filename] could be resolved by following simple methods the AskForAccouting Team is going to introduce further. You need to ensure that you spot the root of the error so that you do not have to try all of the methods given below.
Sage 50 File System Error Number 100 In File:
When you try to access a certain file, you get to see one of these errors pop-up on the screen of your computer running on Windows OS:
- Error: “File System Error 100 in file [filename].”
- Error: “File System Error 100 in file Permiss.dat.”
- Error: “File System Error 100 in file Serial.dat.”
- Error: “File System Error 100 or 3006 in file [Directory]\JRNLHDR.DAT.”
- Error: “File System Error 3006 in JRNLHDR.DAT” on a standalone.
What causes this error?
We will explore the possible reasons behind the error. Ensure that you can pick the reason due to which you are unable to open your file so that you can troubleshoot the problem instantly.
- The file is Read Only.
- Pervasive is not running as a service but as an application
- The pervasive file has been damaged somehow, Pervasive Cache is not large enough
- The file has been damaged somehow and the program cannot change it
- The program was not installed inside of a 32 Windows Program Path
- The damaged files belong to a specific company directory
- Enable User Account Control
How to resolve the File System Error within Sage?
We will try several methods, one of which will work for us depending on the reason for the error:
Method No. 1: When the file is ‘Read Only’
- Pick the location from the error and browse to it.
- Find the file, right-click it and select Properties.
- Remove the Read Only option in the Attribute box and hit
- Try to open the program. In case the error persists, move on to the second option.
Method No. 2: When User Access Control is enabled.
- Go to Sage 50 icon on your desktop.
- Right-click it and select Run As An Administrator.
Method No. 3: Restarting the Pervasive Service:
- Find the Pervasive and stop it.
- Start it again.
- Now, check if the problem has been resolved.
Method No. 4: Rebooting the Computer you are getting the error at:
- Shut down your computer and start it again.
- Launch Sage 50 and verify that the error is gone.
- If not, proceed to the next method.
Method No. 5: Removing and Reinstalling the Pervasive:
- Find the Pervasive and uninstall it.
- Download the Pervasive, install it and run the program.
- If the error persists, try next method.
Method No. 6: Cleaning up the Expandable Files:
- For the specific company dictionary, set up a new data folder.
- Open the program and ensure that the problem has been resolved permanently.
Get instant Sage Support by dialing at 1800-865-4183 (tollfree).
If even the last option doesn’t help and you still face, Sage 50 File System Error Number 100 In File then, we suggest you contact our Sage 50 Technical Support Team. We have an amazing helpdesk comprised of talented Sage Experts who have been serving in the industry for years.
You can get in touch with one of our Sage 50 Tech Experts by calling at our toll-free number provided above. We provide our services to the international clients of Sage 50 and are active 24*7 to help you out with the issue.