Sage 50 is required to handle transaction actions. But at times it occurs that the software is unable to save a transaction. This can frustrate the business objectives set to be covered in a stipulated time to improve the product serving quality. These “Sage file system error 3” need to be dealt with properly.
If you are experiencing problems with your Sage 50 file, there is a possibility that you are experiencing an error. If you can’t access your files or receive an error message when trying to open them, it might be time to check your system for problems.
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Get instant assistance with Sage accounting software. Our Sage experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of Sage 50 Software.We get help you on these Sage 50 topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Reason for the Sage 50 File system Error 3?
- 2 How to Fix Sage 50 File System Error Number 3
- 3 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
What Reason for the Sage 50 File system Error 3?
There are several reasons for this Sage error 3. We will discuss them below to understand the root of the problem so that we can focus on the resolutions more accurately:
- Finalizing the process on w3dbsmgr.exe while Sage 50 is still active.
- Causing the Pervasive Database to stop while Sage 50 is still active.
- The network connection is wireless the connection drops at times.
- Security permissions are not allocated rightly to the services.
- Service Release-related issue
- Computer getting into Sleep Mode while Sage 50 is running, which creates a problem in the network connection
- The userpref.dat file has been damaged
How to Fix Sage 50 File System Error Number 3
There are several methods, based on the nature of the cause. We will explore them one by one:
Method 1: Opening the Company after Hitting ok
- Go to the messages and click Ok through all of them.
- Now try to open the company file and check if the error is gone.
- If the error persists, restore a local backup.
Method 2: When Network Connection Gets Lost
- If the workstation and the server get disconnected from each other, this error happens.
- Go through the guidelines of your network operator to deal with network connectivity issues.
- Change the wireless connection to a wired connection and check if Sage worked better on it.
- If yes, then the problem is with the wireless connection.
- Change the connection to wired.
Method 3: Error with Pervasive
If the pervasive service was stopped through manual actions (i.e. shutting down through w3dbsmgr.exe or the service menu), start the computer again. If the problem is not resolved, get to step no. 2.
- Launch Run prompt by hitting Windows+R keys.
- Type services.msc in the blank field and hit ok.
- In the list looks for Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine, right-click it and select Start or Restart.
- If the problem still exists, go to the Antivirus/Firewall of your computer and allow the proxy to the application.
Method 4: Deleting the PTL Files
- Go to the Related Resources and locate the company file.
- Find the files with .PTL extensions.
- Right-click them and select Delete.
- Hit Ok.
- Check if the error is resolved.
Method 5: If the Computer Enters Sleep Mode while Working on the Application
- Ensure that you exit from your Sage 50 before leaving the computer unattended but running.
- Changing Sleep Time cycles of your Computer to align with Sage 50 use.
These simple methods provided above should resolve the Sage 50 file system error 3. In case you found yourself unable to get through all these options and needed Personal assistance from a Sage 50 Expert, you can get in touch with us. Sage 50 Consultant is there at your service to help you out with the problem.