Most of your accounting work depends on Sage 50. But at times when you launch it, you see a message “Sage 50 keeps crashing“. If this so happens then it is highly advised not to panic, even if your company data is at risk.
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Get instant assistance with Sage accounting software. Our Sage experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of Sage 50 Software.We get help you on these Sage 50 topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.
Sometimes users experience problems with the Sage 50 software crashing.
Table of Contents
- 1 Sage 50 Keeps Crashing
- 2 Reasons Behind Sage 50 Crashing Error
- 3 How to Resolve Sage 50 Crashing Error
- 4 Sage 50 Keeps Crashing After Windows 10 Update
- 5 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Sage 50 Keeps Crashing
Various reasons may cause such an error Sage not responding, and this is what we are gonna explore today. Below are the steps given that you can try to fix your issue. But before we can move further, it is highly suggested to follow the safety protocol before trying to troubleshoot the Sage 50 Crashing problem.
When you launch your Sage 50, you might face the error stating:
“Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working”, Or "A problem caused the program to stop working".
The message could be in various formats indicating the same. The problem could extend to the point where Sage is unable to connect with the Database.
Reasons Behind Sage 50 Crashing Error
There could be many reasons behind the Sage 50 Crash. Major Reasons of Sage 50 Keeps Crashing.
- Either the Host has been modified by someone
- Data has been moved to a different user account.
- Windows installation update
- Windows installation corrupt/damaged
How to Resolve Sage 50 Crashing Error
Get the solution steps to resolve the sage 50 crashing errors. Your software may crash or lead to various known and unknown errors.
Step 1: Launching Notepad with Administrator Rights
- Go to the Start menu and type Notepad in the search box and hit
- Right-click Notepad once it appears in the list and chooses Run As Administrator.
- Now we will open the Hosts File by clicking on File, Open.
- Now change the type of all the files from Text Document *.txt to All Files *.*.
- Follow the path: C: WINDOWSsystem32driversetchosts.
- Add this line at the beginning of each file: 0.0.1 localhost. (All the files which have a # sign at the beginning of the line ought to be ignored.)
- Save the changes you just made.
- Now launch Sage 50 and test it.
- If you see a message which is from Windows Defender and contains any information regarding Win32 HostsFileHijack, on your screen, you ought to Ignore
- In case Sage 50 is still not working, exit Sage 50, shut down your computer, and start it again.
- Try launching Sage 50 once again.
- If the problem is resolved on the computer you have performed this solution on, repeat the same process on the other Windows systems.
- If you are working on Windows XP, follow this solution to resolve the issue.
Step 2: Windows with Selective Startup option
- Start the Windows with the Selective Startup option.
- Now shut down your computer and turn it on again.
- Perform uninstallation of Sage 50.
- With the use of the .net cleanup tool, perform the cleaning of the Windows system.
- Follow this path: C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFramework to delete v2.0.50727 folder.
- Go to Windows Temporary Folder and delete all the content there.
- In case you are unaware of the location of the Windows Temporary Folder, go to My Computer and right-click it. Proceed to
- Go to Advanced
- Hit Environmental Variables. your temporary folder is located there.
- Now reinstall Sage 50.
Step 3: Set Sage 50 in Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 Users
- First, Right-click on the Sage 50 accounting software
- Then click on the properties option
- Now, select the Compatibility tab
- Check the Compatibility mode section box
- Select your Windows 8
- Click on OK and then open the Sage 50 program
Note:- Run the Sage 50 program as an administrator
Sage 50 Keeps Crashing After Windows 10 Update
Steps to Fix Sage Crashing after Windows 10 Update…
- Right-click on the Sage 50 icon
- Then select the properties option
- After that, click on the Compatibility tab
- Check the Compatibility mode section box
- Select your windows from the drop-down menu
- Click on OK.
Performing these solutions on your Windows OS will resolve your query “Sage 50 keeps crashing”. Thus wait no longer, as you may even lose your company’s data.
Thus if you are not yet sorted with the problem then connect to help the Sage 50 Consultant team. We house a brilliant team of experts who deal with Sage 50-related issues at our help desk.