Many times, this error occurs while running the Sage software setup during the installation or uninstallation of any application. The “Sage 50 Payroll error 5006: 0x80004005” usually appears with MySQL notifications and you will also see an error message appearing on the screen: “An error 5006…while running the setup”.
It is highly recommended to first stop all other running programs and applications on the system while processing the setup.
Sage 50 error 5006: 0x80070020 has occurred while running setup occurs with EFT direct
Table of Contents
Causes Sage 50 Payroll Error 5006
If you are experiencing an error while using Payroll in Sage 50, there are a few causes and reasons.
- While running the setup
- During installation
Resolution of Sage 50 Payroll Error 5006: 0x80004005
In the following lines, we will discuss with you the steps that you can take to resolve Sage 50 payroll error 5006. In case of any further assistance is required, kindly contact Askforaccounting tech Consultant. Available 24/7.
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Interference Gates
- First, sign into the system as the Administrator.
- Next, you need to momentarily disable any firewall and antivirus program on the Windows operating system.
- If there are any real-time scanners installed on the system, you need to disable them as well.
- Next, re-run the installation process.
- Next, from the local desktop, look for the earlier downloaded installation file and double-click on it.
- Once that is done, click on the ‘Run as Administrator option.
- Next, you need to go to User Account Control and then disable it.
- After this, reboot your system and then attempt to reinstall the setup.
Step 2: If the error is caused by MySQL
If the error 5006: 0x80004005 is caused by MYSQL interference, you will get the error message on Windows Event Viewer. If so, you need to perform the following steps:
- Firstly, you should have the ODBC connectors uninstalled and then attempt clean installation for the same.
- Next, look for available new updates.
- If it is available, install the updates into the system.
Step 3: Switch the Terminal Services to Install Mode
Sage 50 payroll Error 5006: 0x80004005 can also occur if the terminal server is not set in the install mode. Follow the steps below to switch or change the server into install mode:
- First, click on the Start button and click on Run.
- In the space provided on the Open box, enter cmd and click on OK.
- When the command prompt appears, type in change user /install, then hit on ENTER.
- Now, you will see the following message on the screen: “User session is ready to install applications.”
- Next, enter Exit and hit on the entering button.
- Now you can remove or add any application from the Control Panel.
Askforaccounting Tech Consultant is a one-stop solution source for Sage Software needs. With a team of experts, we bring inclusive end-to-end assistance for technical consultations, data migration, system integrations, software updates & upgrades, and resolving issues & errors.
If you feel the need for assistance while resolving Sage 50 payroll Error 5006, feel free to call us or email us. Sage 50 Consultant experts will help you in resolving your error most efficiently. You can also chat with our experts via Sage Live Chat Consultant.