Many times, this error occurs while running the software setup during installation or uninstallation of any application. The error usually appears with MySQL notifications and you will also see an error message appearing on the screen: “An error 5006…while running the setup”.
It is highly recommended to first stop all other running programs and applications on the system while processing the setup.
Resolution of Sage 50 Payroll Error 5006
In the following lines, we will discuss with you the steps that you can take in order to resolve Sage 50 payroll error 5006. In case of any further assistance required, kindly contact Askforaccounting tech support. Available 24/7.
Step 1: Temporarily disable interference gates
- First, sign into the system as the Administrator.
- Next, you need to momentarily disable any firewall and antivirus program on the Windows operating system. If there are any real-time scanners installed on the system, you need to disable them as well.
- Next, re-run the installation process.
- Next, from the local desktop, look for the earlier downloaded installation file and double click on it.
- Once that is done, click on the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Next, you need to go to User Account Control and then disable it.
- After this, reboot your system and then attempt to re-install the setup.
Step 2: If the error is caused by MySQL
If the error 5006 is caused by MYSQL interference, you will get the error message on Windows Event Viewer. If so, you need to perform the following steps:
- Firstly, you should have the ODBC connectors uninstalled and then attempt clean installation for the same.
- Next, look for available new updates. If it is available, install the updates into the system.
Step 3: Switch the Terminal Services to Install Mode
Sage 50 payroll Error 5006 can also occur if the terminal server is not set in the install mode. Follow the steps below to switch or change the server into install mode:
- First, click on the Start button and click on Run.
- In the space provided on the Open box, enter cmd and click on OK.
- When the command prompt appears, type in change user /install, then hit on ENTER.
- Now, you will see the following message on the screen: “User session is ready to install applications.”
- Next, enter EXIT, and hit on ENTER.
- Now you can remove or add any application from the Control Panel.
Askforaccounting Tech Support for Sage 50 Payroll Error 5006
Askforaccounting Tech Support is a one stop solution source for Sage Software needs. With a team of experts, we bring inclusive end-to-end assistance for technical consultations, data migration, system integrations, software updates & upgrades, and resolving issues & errors.
If you feel the need for assistance while resolving Sage 50 payroll Error 5006, feel free to call us on 1-800-865-4183 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experts will definitely help you in resolving your error most efficiently. You can also chat with our experts via Live Chat Support.