Sage 50 Pervasive error is one of a few most frustrating errors that one comes across while working on the program. Due to some discrepancy between the server and database, Sage 50 reports unable to connect to the pervasive.
However, without technical assistance, resolving this Pervasive error is impossible. That’s why AskForAccounting help-team is going to help you out in getting through this error and be able to work on your Sage 50 without any hindrance in the work.
The resolution steps given below involves playing with your Sage 50 settings thus it is important for you to have a bit of a technical background. Thus, if you are not sure what you are doing then talk to our Sage experts now and get your query sorted all with ease.
Sage 50 Pervasive Error:
When you launch Sage 50 on your computer system, an error flashes on your screen that stops you from accessing the database.
The error reads something like this:
Sage 50 is unable to connect to its database, Pervasive, on the computer [server],
Pervasive Error within Sage: Cannot connect to its database on the computer [server]. Make sure the computer is logged in or that the database server is running. Also, make sure the firewall is set to allow Sage 50 and Pervasive to run.
What causes Database error?
There are several reasons that are responsible for the error, Sage 50 cannot open the database, some of the main causes include:
- Pervasive service is no more active on the server.
- Sage 50 is unable to connect to the server.
- Firewall is not allowing the program to connect with Pervasive.
- The server name is not correct in the ~PVSW~.LOC file.
- The network is public on the workstation/server.
- Distributed file system (DFS) is active for mapped drives.
- Windows Management Instrumentation has been damaged.
- The data path is not correct on the workstation.
- Both the server and the workstation are on different versions.
Resolving the Pervasive Databases Error:
- Go to your desktop and press Windows+R keys.
- Type MSC in the given blank field.
- Hit Ok.
- Go to Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine and right-click it.
- Hit Stop.
- Go to Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine once again and right-click it.
- Hit Start.
- Now open Sage 50 again to check that the error is gone.
Unable to fix your Sage 50 Pervasive Error with the solutions provided above, then here is what you would need to do next.
2nd Method: This applies to a problem where your Server name is not correct in the ~PVSW~.LOC file.
- Go to the data path.
- Find the ~PVSW~.LOC file and open it in the notepad.
- See the server name, it is incorrect. Write the correct server name there.
- Check the program to find the error gone.
3rd Method: Network is public on the workstation/server
- Go to the Start button of your desktop.
- Go to the Control Panel and then choose Network and Sharing Centre.
- Check that the server is not set to public.
Please note: that if the network connection is set to public, a different profile, i.e. Domain or Private might be running with firewall exception. Any exception added will never function in a normal manner.
- Get in touch with IT Support via Sage Tech Support Phone Number. The customer support service will help you assign the connection to the right network profile, or to address the issue head-on.
4th Method: Distributed file system (DFS) is active for mapped drives
- Disconnect the mapped drive.
- Use the server’s name and remap the drive.
5th Method: If the WMI is damaged
- Go to the desktop and hit the Windows+R Key
- Enter eventvwr in the blank field and hit
- Now, choose Windows Log and then go to Application.
- If an error message referencing to WMI appears on the screen, you will need to get in touch with Sage 50 Tech Support to help you resolve the issue.
Dial Sage Experts for instant help at 1800-865-4183 (Tollfree).
These methods provided above are intended to help you out with the Pervasive error on your Sage 50 software. If you came across any difficulty or faced any issue while performing the operation, you would need to contact Sage Experts. You can reach them either via Sage chat Support or give them a call. No matter what method you may choose, you may sure get your Sage 50 Pervasive Error fixed.