Sage 50 is refined and a distinct software that promises to deliver the highest level of performance along with greater security and reliability. The software is geared to manage different business needs pertaining to different sectors.
Sage 50 Quantum has multiple benefits like report comparison from different financial periods, create the invoice from data and edit them as per needs to cater to specific customers. It also allows setting different security levels for different individuals.
However, it’s common for the Sage 50 Quantum to face issues of slowdown or freezing.
About Error Sage 50 Quantum Freezing
Error: “Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working” while opening the task window.
The error can happen in several instances:
- When clicking on an icon or accessing a submenu item, the screen goes completely blank for a few seconds followed by an error message forcing the program to close down.
- While starting Sage 50 Quantum or after entering a lot of data for about half an hour to an hour continuously causes the software to freeze or slow down a lot.
- Also, if a user has recently updated to Windows 10, and are using Sage 50 US Edition they may be unable to create and/or save a new transaction. Sage 50 may constantly crash with a pop-up – “Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working” after Windows 10 update”
Here are some of the causes of Sage 50 Quantum Freezing or Crashes issue:
- A Corrupt or damaged company file
- Attachment folder may be large
- User Accounts Control Settings or UAC may be preventing Sage from running
- Unauthorized sharing permission
- Software blocked by an antivirus or a firewall
- Software doing an active scan of data folder or Pervasive folder
- Continuous backup of files or backing up files while sage is running
- Damaged .NET framework
- Pervasive auto-loading but cannot be restarted
- Configure your Firewall and let it pass Sage 50, Peachtree and Pervasive
- Slowdown caused by someone working at the server
- Pervasive uses two TCP ports so utilize ports 1583 and 3351 for pervasive and check again
- Try replacing your network switch
- Change DNS server to 18.104.22.168 in case of a problem with Google DNS and check again
Sage 50 Quantum Freezing or Crashes issue Troubleshooting
Solution 1: Reinstalling Pervasive
- Open Task Manager > Click on the Process tab
- Right-click w3dbsmgr.exe > End task
- Similarly right click and end msizap.exe task
- And now resume the installation process
Solution 2: Install the program to the default directory
- Close Sage 50 installation wizard and restart installation
- Now install the program at the following location “C:\Program Files (x86) directory” – This is the default directory for 32-bit programs
Solution 3: Installing the Microsoft .NET framework
- Activate .NET framework version 4.5 (or 4)
- Now restart the installation from the setup.exe and run as Administrator
Facing critical multiple collapses, data security, and data damage issues?
For an immediate resolution to Sage freezing or crashing, you can resolve the problem by calling Sage experts on the toll-free number 1-800-865-4183. AskForAccounting is one of the most trusted sites for getting a resolution to issues related to Sage.
Let our experts get on the job and help restore your Sage 50 Quantum
Our experts have years of experience dealing with the toughest of errors in Sage, be it a functional issue, issue related to data or server. They can help you configure, upgrade and resolve all errors related to different versions of Sage.
Our lines are open 24*7 and in case you have a query, you can get instant answer by chatting with our advisor on the 24*7 chat support. You can also write into us on the chat box and mention your issue in details with the steps taken so far for resolution and one of our experts will return a call with the right solution.