The SmartPosting service often stops when it encounters some kind of internal error. When it will happen, you will be faced with an error message like: Sage 50 smart posting service not starting. We will follow some troubleshooting methods mentioned below to ensure that the Sage 50 Smart posting error is addressed and SmartPosting starts to work again.
We recommend you to follow the process with precision to ensure that Smart Posting Error is addressed properly and managed without any hurdle. The AskForAccouting team will ensure that no matter what problems you face while working on Sage, you get to resolve it as soon as you get in touch with us. Thus don’t forget to give us a call at our Sage 50 phone support number.
Sage 50 Smart Posting Error:
Please note that Sage 50 is going to function in batch posting mode as long as SmartPosting is not started again. You will be required to post the transactions manually.
To be able to do so, you will need to follow this path- Tasks > System > Post. From there choose the journal you want to post. Meanwhile, we will follow the guidelines given below to resolve the SmartPosting error.
Solution No. 1: Resolving- ‘SmartPosting cannot be started because the services of SmartPosting are not running.’
- Turn on the workstation which is the host to the SmartPosting Services. Generally, The server machine is the one hosting the SmartPosting Services.
- Follow the path- Start > Control Panel. If you are using Windows Vista, you need to go to System and Maintenance instead of Control Panel.
- In the options given on the screen, you need to select Administrative Tools.
- Now go to Services tab.
- When the Services Dialogue opens, go to Sage 50 SmartPosting <XX> and double-click it. It will open another dialogue box- Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Properties.
- When the dialogue box appears, click Start.
- Hit Ok.
- Now shut down all the open dialogues.
- Restart SmartPosting in Sage 50 by following these steps:
- On your Sage 50, go to File menu and then to SmartPosting Manager.
- Click Start
- Now verify that the problem is solved.
Solution No. 2: The SmartPosting Services has been crashed and hung. You need to Restart it.
- Follow the steps from 1 to 5 given in the first method. And then continue from the 2nd step given below.
- See if the service is running, Select Stop.
- Click Start
- Hit Ok.
Solution No. 3: In case you cannot restart the service through the Windows troubleshooting method, go through these steps to ensure the resolution:
- Turn on the workstation which is the host to the SmartPosting Services. Generally, the server machine is the one hosting the SmartPosting Services. This will have Administrative Rights.
- Now, start the Task Manager and stop the service from there.
- Go to Sage 50, and shut down the open Windows.
- Now follow this path- Tasks>System>Post. Post all journals there.
- If you see any errors, follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the errors.
- Once you have been through the process, restart the computer.
- Restart the SmartPosting in Sage 50.
Get instant Sage support for your error at 1800-865-4183.
Once you have followed these simple troubleshooting methods provided above, you should be able to get rid of the errors. If you face any problem while going through these methods and you still face Sage 50 Smart Posting Error then, connect with support. Sage 50 Tech Experts will guide you all step by step inorder to fix your issue right over phone. Thus wait no longer as you may never know how crucial your problem may be.