Yes, Sage 50 2021 is here! Sage software introduced the new version with the most exciting features and improvements that help you to perform your accounting activities with much ease. Just go through this blog post that provides a complete guideline for Sage 50 2021 Support: Installation, Setup, Upgrade, and Update.
- 1 Points Need to Consider Before Sage 50 2021 Installation, Setup, Upgrade and Update
- 2 Steps For Sage 50 2021 Installation/Update:
- 3 Steps to Upgrade your Current Version of Sage 50 – U.S. Edition
- 4 Error When Install the Sage 50 2021
Points Need to Consider Before Sage 50 2021 Installation, Setup, Upgrade and Update
- It is very important to verify your system that it should meet the minimum system requirements before you start the installation process.
- Along with that, reboot your PC and also make sure that you close all the unnecessary and other Microsoft programs on your computer.
- During the installation process, it is also required that you turn off the anti-virus software and once you finish the installation then make sure you turn on the anti-virus.
- Also, ensure that UAC (User Account Control) must be set to a minimum and this may require Admin access so for that, you can easily consult Sage 50 2021 support if required.
Steps For Sage 50 2021 Installation/Update:
Users must keep in mind the above-discussed things before you start the steps for Sage 50 2021 installation:
- In the very first step, you have to download the program update from within the program
- Next, launch the program and then select Services at the server
- Now, check for all updates available
- You can then click on the “Check Now” option
- After that, choose the Sage 50_20xx.x.x. update
- And then click on the Download option
- Once the download completes then close the program
- Locate the downloaded file
- And then run the file by double-clicking on it
- Now, perform the steps that prompt to install
- Finally, click on the “finish” option to complete the process.
Now, your Sage 50 2021 installation is ready to work on it and you can perform your accounts activities with the updated version.
Start Installation on a Single Computer:
Users can perform the below-mentioned installation steps on a single computer:
- Initially, you have to run the downloaded installation file
- Next, choose the requirements that are required for Sage 50 to install if it prompts
- Along with that, locate anti-virus and turn it off
- And then hit the “Next” button
- Make sure you have agreed to the mentioned License Agreement
- And then tap the “Next” button
- Now, choose the box named “Auto configure the Windows Firewall” in order to allow install as well as run Sage 50
- After that, press the “Next” button
- Check out and then enter the appropriate serial number and then hit the “Next” button
- At the prompt “Will this be the only computer running Sage 50?”
- Once done with that then click on the “Yes” and then “Next” button
- On the Install Options, you have to select the location of program files and company data files
- And then click on the Install
- Once the installation completes, try to open the program and activate Sage 50
- At last, open each and every company to allow the data to be converted to the new version.
Installation Steps for Sage 50 2021 on a Network (Server)
Follow the instructions to install Sage 50 U.S. Edition on a network:
- The very first, download the installation file of the program using the method that is described above
- Next, run the downloaded installation file and perform the appear instruction to install
- Click on the “No” option if it asks you “Will this be the only computer running Sage 50?”
- Now, select “This computer is the server” on the Sage 50 Computer Data Files Storage screen
- And then hit the “Next” button
- After that, verify the install options and then proceed with the installation on the server
- Choose the option “Share the Folder” on sharing company data screen
- And then hit the “Next” button
- Once the installation process completes and then allows the program to open and activate.
- Finally, try to open each and every company and then allow the data to be converted to the new version.
Steps to Upgrade your Current Version of Sage 50 – U.S. Edition
At some point, you may find that your business has outgrown the features available in your current Sage 50 Accounting product, for example, Sage 50 Premium Accounting. Sage 50 Accounting offers two easy upgrade choices if your business wants more advanced accounting features or if it needs to accommodate more concurrent users.
- Allow to add licenses for more users- You can update your application to accommodate more users if you want to add or increase the number of concurrent users in your Sage 50 software. If you don’t use the latest release, you will be given the latest release and at the same time switch to a higher Sage 50 accounting product.
- Switching to a higher Sage 50 accounting product- For example, moving from Sage 50 Premium to Sage 50 Quantum, if your business needs a richer set of accounting features then you can move to a higher Sage 50 accounting product or the latest release version. This choice also updates your version of Sage 50 if you don’t already use the program’s latest version.
So, you can easily download the upgrade and upgrade your current program but there are some pre-requisitions, you need to create a backup of your company file and get ready your system with the minimum system requirements before your upgrade.
Error When Install the Sage 50 2021
- Error: “Sage 50 cannot connect to database” during installation
- After downloading, I am unable to install the program
- Cannot find the server when installing on a network
- Error: “The serial number you have entered is not valid” during installation or upgrade
- Error: “Failed to switcher Terminal Server to INSTALL mode.”
- Error: “There is not a valid Sage 50 centralized company data location on that computer” during installation
- Error: “Number: 0x80040707 Description: DLL function call crashed: ConfigLib.ApplyPervasiveSettings”
- Error: “Unhandled exception error number 0x80040702 Failed to load dll: configlib”
- Cannot find my company after installing / upgrading.
Hopefully, this blog covered all the major information regarding Sage 50 2021 Support: Installation, Setup, Upgrade, and Update. So, to add specific features, you can install the latest release version with the steps mentioned above or you can upgrade your current Sage 50 accounting product to one with the features that you need. You can also compare the features in the various Sage 50 accounting products which help you to make the best selection.