This article is a guide that users can make full use of if the users wish to view and edit Sage Payroll Employee Licence. But before that, the user will learn all about the Sage 50 Payroll Software.
This description will include what the Sage 50 Payroll software is, what it is used for, what types of businesses it suits the best, and so on. Furthermore, the user will learn about the different kinds of subscription plans that are available, and the users will also learn about the various kinds of benefits and features that the Sage 50 Payroll software has to offer to the world. Once all of that has been read and understood by the user, then they can simply move on to following the steps that have been provided below to be able to view and edit their employee licence in Sage 50.
Table of Contents
How to View and Edit Sage Payroll Employee Licence
Following are the steps that the user must follow if the user wants to view and edit their employee licence in Sage 50.
- The first step go to their name which is on the top in the Payroll and click on it.
- You will see a small menu appear in front of them. From this menu, required to select the option titled ‘Manage Business Accounts.
- Next step that the user must complete is that the user must further click on the option titled ‘Subscription and Invoice’.
- The next step that the user must complete is that the user must change their employee licence.
- But before doing that, the user will be shown the cost of their current subscriptions. If the user is in their trial period at the time of reading this article, then the user will be able to see the date their trial period expires next to the relevant service and after this date, the user will be required to provide their direct debit details. But if the user is not on a trial period, then, in that case, the user will be able to see the date of their next invoice. Also, the user will be able to see the details of how to check it.
- After handling the subscription issue, the next step that the user must complete is that the user must change their employee licence. To do so, the user must click on the option titled ‘Change number of Licences’.
- Then the user will be able to reconfigure all the settings that they want that are relevant to this section.
- You can simply click ‘Confirm Changes’.
- Lastly, Clicking on the ‘Confirm Changes’ button will bring up a summary window, which will be responsible for confirming the fact that the changes have been made successfully.
Sage 50 Payroll Employee Limit Subscriptions
- Payroll 5 (1 -5 employees)
- Payroll 10 (6 – 10 employees)
- Payroll 15 (11 – 15 employees)
- Payroll 25 (16 – 25 employees)
- Payroll 35 (26 – 35 employees)
- Payroll 50 (36 – 50 employees)
- Payroll 75 (51 – 75 employees)
- Payroll 100 (76 – 100 employees)
What is Sage 50 Payroll?
The developers at Sage have developed the Sage 50 Payroll software, which has, in today’s day and age, become the main payroll software product that has been offered by Sage for small to medium-sized businesses. The Sage 50 Accounting software company offers a wide range of products, in which the Sage 50 Payroll is included. It has been observed through statistical data and from word of mouth that over half of all UK businesses use Sage Payroll to pay the people who work at those small to medium-sized businesses.
Furthermore, these small to medium-sized businesses also employ the Sage 50 Payroll software to manage various kinds of payroll processes. These payroll processes include things like payslips, payments that are made to employees, pensions, various kinds of business expenses, statutory pay, tax calculations, HMRC submissions and a lot more.
Another good thing about the Sage 50 Payroll application is that the Sage 50 Payroll software can be deployed online in the cloud or installed on the user’s business workstation servers by purchasing the on-premise version.
The Sage 50 Payroll software offers many advantages that users can enjoy the benefits of. These advantages include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Users can easily control the payroll processes for employees HMRC submissions
- Users can continuously monitor the PAYE/NIC liability to HMRC
- Users can get the results of National Insurance and tax through calculations that are performed automatically.
- Users can easily keep track of the holidays and the absent days that their employees take throughout the year.
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) compliant
- Users can receive the latest legislative updates electronically
- Users can make real-time information (RTI) submissions
- Users can also email or print the professional payslips to their employees
- Employees can access their payslips securely online
- Users can control the pension schemes for their employees
- Users can pay their employees electronically with e-Banking instead of having to do a lot of work to pay them
- Users can Manage statutory payments.
- Users can enjoy the extremely detailed reports and dashboards that the Sage 50 Payroll software offers.
There are two versions of Sage 50 Payroll that are available in the market. The users need to decide which one of these two versions will suit their business needs better by accounting for all the variables that affect this decision that needs to be made by the user. It is not a difficult choice, but it should be that the user makes an extremely informed decision in order to truly enjoy the powers of the Sage 50 Payroll software. The two versions of the Sage 50 Payroll software are the Sage 50 Payroll Standard version and the Sage 50 Payroll Professional version.
The key difference between the Sage 50 Payroll Standard version and the Sage 50 Payroll Professional version is that the Sage 50 Payroll Standard version is the most basic version of the Sage 50 Payroll software. It is only available for one user and one company. In the Sage 50 Payroll Standard version, users can also manage the number of employees starting from up to 15 employees till having unlimited employees.
The Sage 50 Payroll Professional version is the most advanced version of the Sage 50 Payroll application that is available in the market today. The reason why the Sage 50 Payroll application is available in the market today is that through the Sage 50 Payroll Professional version application, users are easily able to manage unlimited employees, unlimited companies and unlimited users. That being said, it must be noted here that both the Sage 50 Payroll Standard version and the Sage 50 Payroll Professional version need to be purchased by the user through a subscription plan. Unless that is done by the user, there is no other way to use the Sage 50 Payroll Standard version or the Sage 50 Payroll Professional version of the application.
Here are some additional things that the user can do in the Sage 50 Payroll software:
- Automated Management of various Payroll Processes
Through this extremely advanced feature, the Sage 50 Payroll application is capable of processing weekly, two-weekly, four-weekly and monthly payrolls. Furthermore, users can print or email the payslips that are generated directly to their employees. Not only that but these generated payslips can also be viewed online. Moreover, users can record and calculate holiday pay that they need to adjust in their employees’ salaries. Also, users can directly pay their employees through the e-banking feature. Finally, Sage 50 Payroll can calculate payments & deductions & PAYE and NI.
- Manage Pensions
Users can configure the relevant settings in order to fully automate the auto-enrolment processes. Not only that, but the user can also manage the pensions for their employees easily. This also means that Sage 50 Payroll will calculate the contributions & costs to the user’s business on its own. Finally, users can also enjoy the ease of use when it comes to setting up the user’s pension with Pension’s Fast-Track. The user can also get the Sage Pensions Module, but this will come to the user at an additional cost.
- Use Sage 50 Payroll HMRC Submissions and RTI
The Sage 50 Payroll software is a software that has been recognised by the HMRC. What this means is that the user can directly send their submissions to HMRC online in a secure fashion. The Sage 50 Payroll software is also helpful to the user in the sense that it helps the user to comply with the latest legislation. Users can also submit the PAYE and employee data to HMRC online directly, eliminating any unnecessary modes in between. Finally, the user is also capable of keeping track of NIC and PAYE liability to HMRC.
- Pay Employees Directly From Within Sage Software
Through this feature, the user can manage staff payments directly from within the software. This eliminates the need of having multiple applications open, and it also removes the requirement for the user to be switching between these applications. What this has proven to do is that it has shown a huge amount of reduction in admin time. Users are also allowed to pay staff quickly with e-banking. Finally, because of automation, the risk of payment errors that could potentially arise has also been reduced significantly. The staff information is managed on a secure platform.
- Store and Manage Employee Information
It is because of this feature that the user can track holidays and absences. Not only that, but the user can also manage staff appraisals. Users can also keep track of all their employees’ disciplinary records in Sage. Furthermore, users can also store the job and salary history of all their employees.
- Reports on Payroll Data
Users can generate statutory reports such as P60, P11, and P35. Users also get reports on data by department and cost centre. Also, the user is allowed to generate their own professional reports. Finally, the user can pick from a wide range of standard reports.