In this blog, we are going to tell you how you can “Setup Departments in Sage 50“. Sage 50 has divisions and Departments that are reflected on your Sage 50 financial account.
- 1 Difference Between Departments and Divisions:
- 2 How to Setup Departments in Sage 50
- 3 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Difference Between Departments and Divisions:
Department in Sage 50: Department sections can be examined separately by the users. It includes the following sections:
- They can be structured to focus on specific business activities.
- Used for distinct locations.
- Various currencies.
- Departments in Sage 50 record the sales, administration, and human resources of your business.
Divisions in sage 50: Setting up divisions is very important for the company. It includes the following sections:
- Used to distinguish between different geographical locations within an organization or different currencies used in accounting.
- Any specific business activity associated with a specific field, such as machining, welding, or any other services.
- Status of Restriction.
- Human Resources, Sales, and Marketing are some of the organization’s business units.
How to Setup Departments in Sage 50
Setting up Departments necessitates the user being in single-user mode and having no other windows open. Follow the given steps to set up Departments…
Step 1: Organizing the company’s department
- Choose Setup, then Settings.
- General vacancy (Accounts)
- Department to be chosen
- On a blank line, type the new department code in numeric form.
- Enter a description for the new department.
- All accounts are automatically assigned to a new department by default. To remove Sage 50 accounts assigned to a specific department, go to the Assign accounts tab and change the account.
- Click Ok.
Note: Sage 50 Pro does not have this feature. Sage 50 Premium Accounting allows you to create up to 100 departments and Sage 50 Quantum Accounting allows you to create up to 1000 departments.
Step 2: Creating department for assigning employees, clients, and vendors
- Access any employee record.
- In the Personal tab, select the department to which the employee belongs.
- Choose Save and Close.
- Now, whenever you post a paycheck, all payroll-related data will be categorized in the department to which this employee is assigned.
Step 3: Invoicing or keeping a journal
When creating an invoice, choose a different department.
- Hover your mouse over the magnifying glass icon next to the GL account number.
- Click on the plus sign next to the GL account number.
- Accounts for departments are listed under the main account.
- By double-clicking, select Department Account.
- The account number will now be entered into the invoice or journal entry.
Setting up departments is not a difficult task, we hope now you have complete guidance on Departments and Divisions and how you can implement it on your Sage 50 software. If you need any further help or need any info… please give us a call to Sage 50 support number or you can also contact live/online chat Sage experts 24/7.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Account, Payable Division?
Account Payable Division in the main check box navigates to account division and creates a new division where all Ledger Accounts can be entered and saved.
How to create an Account Receivable Division?
Account Receivable Division – Choose Account Receivables and create a new division by entering and saving all Ledger records.
How can you add any payroll asset or liability transactions to Departments?
To add payroll assets or liabilities to departments, you can use the purchase or supplier invoice module.