Intuit has simplified the complex tax preparation system without the use of pen and paper. TurboTax the most popular tax preparation software in Canada. The application makes filing tax returns as simple as child’s play want to file “TurboTax multiple returns“.
That can be done with a click of a button. Such is the power of this software.
There are multiple versions of TurboTax that are developed with a purpose to meet the requirements of different businesses. Example include:
- TurboTax Basic,
- TurboTax Deluxe,
- TurboTax Premier,
- TurboTax Home and Business are developed with different features and different prices. Thus you need to be careful before making your purchase as the software is very industry specific.
TurboTax program can even run on the web and allows users to prepare tax on the go, having strong internet connectivity. It helps in the accurate preparation of taxes.
The TurboTax Deluxe version and the TurboTax Home and Business versions accord tax experts who are ready to assist through phone support and live chat. The financial information of your company is secure when you are using any TurboTax version as your sign up ID is secured with a password.
- 1 Process TurboTax Multiple Returns:
- 2 FAQ’s
Process TurboTax Multiple Returns:
For the preparation of multiple returns, you will have to make sure that you create a new login to prepare another return In TurboTax. Follow the instructions that are mentioned below to start a new return. In case you use the TurboTax CD/Download/Desktop product you can prepare and e-file up to 5 Federal tax returns.
Steps to Prepare TurboTax Multiple Returns: Online
Follow the below instructions to start a new return in your tax accounting software:
- Sign out of TurboTax Online.
- Choose the TurboTax Online product that you are willing to use for the second return and move ahead.
- When you land to create your account screen.
- Configure a new login for the second return.
- You can use your email ID multiple times if you want to receive e-file notifications for other returns.
- Maximum of five accounts are allowed to be used under one ID.
How to Begin Another Return in TurboTax Online?
Ensure that you do not start another return by pressing the back button. If you do so then this will overwrite your previously filed return. You will lose your information and it will be replaced by the one that you will re-enter. You will fail to retrieve your return later.
In case if you wish to change to TurboTax software then here is what you need to remember:
- There is a specific charge for additional returns that you would like to file with TurboTax Online.
- TurboTax CD/Download software allows you to file maximum five federal returns at “0” cost.
How many TurboTax Accounts can one have?
One can have TurboTax multiple returns account with the program; however, the accounts cannot be merged. To view the list of accounts you would need to follow these steps:
- Start by clicking the account recovery process,
- Enter your email ID,
- Choose to continue to fetch all the accounts tied up in a single email.
- Repeat the first and third step for any other email addresses you may have.
- If the Email Id tied up is no longer in use then you would need to change it with immediate effect. This can be done by clicking on “Try Something Else” link. You will now be shown with a pop-up to change your ID. Go ahead and do that. Click done and your ID will be successfully be saved.
- In case you have multiple TurboTax accounts, then it is recommended to continue using the same account while doing returns. This way your info can be transferred on its own. It can even allow you to access your prior returns all with ease.
Steps for Switching from TurboTax Online to TurboTax Software:
In case you have already started filing the Tax return in TurboTax online and now you plan to switch to its software version then here are the few steps you would need to follow:
- Click save your data that you have already entered in. Choose to save the file as a tax data file.
- Log out of the program.
- Install TurboTax you purchase whether online in the form a CD. Follow the prompts and your file will be installed on your computer.
- If you have not made your purchase already then click here and buy TurboTax version that is best for you.
- If your return includes a state, ensure that you also install the corresponding state program(s), otherwise, you will face Error 539
- After successful installation chooses the files tab and open Tax Return in the software program.
- Navigate to the location where you have just saved your .tax file and click to Open it.
- If you encounter any issues then the best you can do is delete your tax data file. Once done repeat the process of downloading and installing the program again. In case you still find issues then give a call we will look for the possible errors for you.
- When you have successfully opened up your tax data within the software then you can go ahead and delete the same file from your TurboTax online.
Hope you are now sorted by your query “TurboTax Multiple Returns: How to file them with ease”. In case you still need more info or require personal help then you can directly get in touch with our TurboTax Support Canada experts. You can connect with us any time of the day as we remain available round the clock.
Can I File TurboTax Multiple Returns
You can prepare for many federal returns as you like if you are using TurboTax software. Maximum of 5 returns can be e-filed, but in case you have more returns than the same must be paper filed.
You can use either online version of TurboTax or their mobile app to prepare multiple returns. But make sure you use different login’s to file different returns. There are many users who need to file separate returns for family members from the CD/Download version. It is easy and affordable.
Can I Prepare Multiple Returns
The Online TurboTax user gets one return per fee. Every single return requires its own account and user ID. In case you use the same account and user ID for a second return, the first return is overwritten and you lose it forever. The Desktop TurboTax is installed from a CD or download to your own hard drive by the user to prepare and e-file multiple returns for the cost of the software. You are allowed e-file five Federal returns and also more additional ones. If you have TurboTax multiple returns to prepare for family members, Desktop is recommended as it is affordable.