TurboTax Script Error:
When starting the TurboTax software, script error might be encountered that effects the net filing of the returns.
In case you encounter any of the following script errors, check the Regional and Language settings on your computer. The error occurs due to multiple reasons and thus you face different error messages. One of the error may seem like:
“The value of the property “onStepLoad” is null or undefined, not a Function object. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Steps to fix Script Error within TurboTax?
If you are facing a hard time with TurboTax and encountered TurboTax Script Error then here is what you would need to go through if you are using:
For Windows XP:
- Approach the Control Panel,
- Go to the Regional and Language Options,
- Click on the Advanced tab,
- Click the language version (Canada/English) going to the language for programs without Unicode.
For Windows Vista/7:
- Approach the Control Panel. This can be accessed by clicking on the start button located on the left side bottom of your screen.
- Open Regional and Language option.
- Choose the administrative tab from the drop-down menu window.
- Click on Change system locale button.
- Choose (English/Canada) from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
- Open any web browser you have on your desktop. It can be Internet Explorer or chrome.
- Click on the tools option provided, choose Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Select the box and choose to disable script debugging.
- As you would not like to be notified of every error you face, thus you would need to deselect the said option.
Also, make sure Java is enabled on your web browser. If you use Internet Explorer, then do the following:
- Go to tools tab and click on the Internet Options. Click on the advanced tab from the sub-menu displayed.
- Check the box next to Java and select the securities tab.
- Click on the Custom Level tab.
- On the Scripting of Java applets tab, click Enable and then OK.
How to fix tt2016ir.dll/js/automation.js in TurboTax?
tt2016ir.dll/js/automation.js is again a script error that people often complain about using TurboTax. The kind of error message you may see here is like:
“The automation server is not able to create any further objects. tt2016ir.dll/js/automation.js?”
If you see a similar message as shown above then you sure are haunted by TurboTax script error. To fix this kind of an error you would need to re-install the program as this would be the best solution to fix your error.
If you have bought the software and installed the program using CD and we would suggest installing the program again.
If installed the software from CD, install it again. Just follow the prompts and launch it when installing again. Most likely you will be able to pick up from the window where you left.
Sometimes re-installing the software is the only solution you are left with. It not only lightens up the program by deleting cache but also helps you fix your error.
Q: “Updates installed successfully but with Turbo Tax ‘Script Error’, would you like to continue?” How to fix it?
Q: How to fix this error…?
While trying to re-open an existing file, script error with an error message is encountered. Uninstalling the program and re-installing it avoids the script error when accessed for the first time. While access for the second time it leads to script error. How to fix Script Error on Start Up?
A: When encountered such error it is recommended contacting TurboTax support Team. You can reach out to them any time of the day by calling their tollfree number 1800-865-4183.
Q: Script Error in line 23 – How do I resolve this issue?
A: You can attempt turning off script error notice. You can do that by following the steps below:
- Open your web browser Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools tab.
- Click on the Internet Options from the submenu provided.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Verify Disable script debugging, and uncheck the box alongside “Display a notification about every script error”.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Close Internet Explorer and open again. You should now not see any error any longer after following the steps above.
Q: How to correct when you face a script error?
A: The below link has details on how you can resolve the script error. So visit the page by clicking on the link here:
Hope you are much clear over the concept of TurboTax script error. But if you feel like that you need more info on the subject and your query is still unanswered then you can get in touch with us any time of the day. We work round the clock to get your errors fixed. Thus worry no longer and let our TurboTax professionals handle all your errors.
Still in Doubt…!
Request a Call Back
Talk to our TurboTax Professionals and resolve your issue over a phone call.