TurboTax is one of the most popular tax filing software that has withstood for more than 25 years now. With every successful year, the market of TurboTax is only becoming strong. Not only users but bigger brands like RBC, CIBC and even TD has come forward to support and market TurboTax. Since we have covered much on other brands, thus today we will figure out what TurboTax TD is and how you can benefit.
- 1 What TurboTax TD – TD Ameritrade Turbotax Imports
What TurboTax TD – TD Ameritrade Turbotax Imports
The company usually is known as TD and is operating as TD Bank Group. It was incepted on 1st February 1955, and was a result of the merger between the Bank of Toronto and the Dominion Bank.
Is there any direct connection between TurboTax and TD?
Well, the answer is NO,
TurboTax is in no way connected with any of the Bank named above. But TD Bank is an affiliate partner of the program. If you are client of TD Bank and wants to file taxes then TurboTax is your way to go. You can avail 20% discount on your purchase as a TD bank customer.
How to avail 20% off on TurboTax with TD?
As already said, TD is an affiliate of TurboTax but is not a permanent partner. Thus very rarely you may find them offering a discount. For any further updates visit TD Bank’s official website.
What is TD Ameritrade?
TD Ameritrade is a Nebraska based third party company. It is actually located in Omaha with TD being its largest shareholder. It authorizes an electronic trading to stand for those who are interested in the purchase and sale of financial securities comprising of:
- Regular stocks,
- Futures contracts,
- Exchange-traded funds,
- Mutual funds,
- Fixed income investments,
It also accords margin lending, and cash management services.
How to TD Ameritrade Turbotax Imports?
If you are using TurboTax then it is easy to download or import data from TD Ameritrade. Below are the steps that will help you do the same.
- Log in to TurboTax and go to your Tax Timeline in case your returns are not open.
- Click on the “continue your return” option.
- When the return file gets opened, click on the search box provided. This you can find by navigating to the top right corner of your screen.
- Choose “Jump to Import”.
- Choose “Add other documents” on the import summary.
- Select TD Ameritrade from the partner list.
- To import your data, you would be required to supply your 9-digit account number & your document ID. For further help you can log in to the TD Ameritrade Tax Center.”
How to search the document ID number?
Since you are required to add your doc ID to import data to TurboTax TD Ameritrade, it is important you know where to locate the same.
The document ID can be commonly found on the statement that is provided by them but not the 1099-R itself. Incase if you are still not able to locate your ID then it is requested that you immediately contact TD Ameritrade for assistance.
TD Ameritrade import or import using Txf file.
This is one of the most common questions that bugs people while doing the import. The debate is within 2 different functions, whether to use Ameritrade or Txf file to import your data.
And your answer is:
You can use the TurboTax import function to import your 1099-B. And the way you can do that is with the help of following steps:
- Sign into your TurboTax program.
- Open your return in TurboTax Online.
- Go to the top right of the screen and Click My Account.
- Select Tools.
- Select Topic Search displayed in the window.
- Go to the search bar and type 1099-b.
- Highlight 1099-b and click Go.
- You will then be asked the question: “Did you sell off your investments in the previous year?” Choose your answer as per your preferences.
- You will now again be hit with other question: “Did you file 1099-B for your sales?” choose your answer and click next.
- Select your bank or third party agency. Enter the name of the agency, select it in the drop-down box, scroll down to the bottom and hit Continue.
- That’s all! You are done to import your 1099-B now.
Enter the information asked to access your account and then move down, choose continue tab and import the 1099-B form.
With this, we complete every aspect of your query related to:
- How TurboTax and Toronto Dominion Bank are connected?
- How to successfully import TD data in TurboTax?
- Where can you find your Document ID to import your data? And more…
In case if you still demand any further info on TurboTax TD you can contact Intuit customer care support. You will be then connected to top TurboTax experts who within very short time accord solutions and assistance to all the queries and issues. You can connect with the team through toll-free phone number, email support and live chat option.
You can even give us a call at our TurboTax 1800 phone number talk to our TurboTax Experts now.