Sage 50 2019 is easy to use and effective software for growing small businesses that can perform industry-specific functions efficiently and can easily be synced with several add-on options that meet specific business and functional needs.
At times, like any other software that that is so vast and versatile, it is common to face typical problems while running it. One such issue is the “Sage 50 Not Able To Run Payroll After Recent Update”.
- 1 Error Description “Unable to Run Sage 50 Payroll After Recent Update”:
- 2 Reasons for the Occurrence of Sage 50 Not Able To Run Payroll
- 3 Method to Fix “Sage 50 Not Able to Run Payroll” Error
- 3.1 Method 1: Upgrading & Installing the Latest Version of Sage 50
- 3.2 Method 2: User Account Control (UAC) Can Also Block Sage 50
- 3.3 Method 3: Optimize the data version 22.04
- 3.4 Method 4: Verify the contents of the SAJ folder
- 3.5 Method 5: Disable antivirus and firewall plus any real-time scanner
- 3.6 Method 6: Disable Your Antivirus and Firewall
- 3.7 Check If Sage 50 HR Service Has Failed To Connect To The Remote Server
Error Description “Unable to Run Sage 50 Payroll After Recent Update”:
- Payroll reports do not run at all
- While opening a calculated payroll report there’s an error message stating “There is a problem upgrading the database. Please contact the technical support”
- The payroll formulas get grayed-out or are even goes missing after an update
- Payroll did not figure any taxes
Reasons for the Occurrence of Sage 50 Not Able To Run Payroll
- A failed upgrade session previously can lead to this error once more
- The trouble of data corruption cannot be out ruled either
- Trying to open the software with the help of the old shortcut
- If you are using the latest versions of Windows OS like Windows 10 and you have not set the sage 50 to run as an administrator
- When you are trying to upgrade Sage 50 and someone else is logged into the system with the older version leading to a clash between the two
Method to Fix “Sage 50 Not Able to Run Payroll” Error
Here now get the solution step to fix error when “Sage 50 not able to run payroll” error
Total Time: 40 minutes
Method 1: Upgrading & Installing the Latest Version of Sage 50
🔹 Once the previous Sage 50 gets outdated, its add-ons like payroll automatically get disabled.
🔹 It happens when the subscription to Payroll is expired and the latest Payroll add-on hasn’t been purchased.
🔹 In this case, although the users may be able to access the payroll screen and can enter the data manually; yet a new Payroll add-on purchase is required.
To upgrade the plan or to get the payroll add-on, we can give you the best-priced payroll update and help you install it as well with complete services related to payroll for a year.
Method 2: User Account Control (UAC) Can Also Block Sage 50
🔹 Run payroll as Administrator and Disable UAC
🔹 Check if the Payroll, tax calculation reports, and forms are all working fine now
Method 3: Optimize the data version 22.04
This update is mandatory for all payroll users and should be installed.
🔹 The newer version has enhancements like sending information directly to NEST with the help of Pension Data Exchange, uploading online slip for easy access, auto re-enroll some workers after the cycle of 3 years and more
Method 4: Verify the contents of the SAJ folder
🔹 Open the SAJ folder and verify for any backups present there like CAB files
🔹 If present, then remove the CABs files and any duplicate files as well
Method 5: Disable antivirus and firewall plus any real-time scanner
🔹 Disable antivirus, now try to convert the file
🔹 If the conversion fails again then disable the firewall and try the conversion again
🔹 After its optimized try and check if the Payroll runs correctly
Method 6: Disable Your Antivirus and Firewall
🔹 Run as administrator and repair the database
🔹 Uninstall Sage 50
🔹 Disable your antivirus and firewall
🔹 Install Sage 50 again
What to check before troubleshooting:
Are you able to Start .exe to Run as Administrator?
Try login into the software with the help of the payroll.exe file
- If you fail then Open the Task Manager > Go to the Details tab > Find Peachw.exe / msiexec.exe file > Click End Task
- If yes, then create a new Admin Local Account and check if it installs without a problem
This will help identify if the account is corrupted, which either needs to be fixed or move to a new Account
Are you on Windows 10
Be aware that the conflict that forced the sage 50 users to run it on Compatibility mode has been resolved so uncheck the “Run this program in compatibility mode” box from the Compatibility tab in Properties
Check If Sage 50 HR Service Has Failed To Connect To The Remote Server
- Go to Control Panel > Click Administrative tools > Click Sage 50 HR Services > Start
- Go to Logon tab, this Account.SageHRServer, you will see it selected already, just click Browse
- Expand the location > Choose Domain name > Click OK
- Go to Advanced option > Select User > Click OK > Enter password > Click Apply
- Start the service again by going to the General tab & Clicking on Start
- This should start the service
But if it fails, then move to the steps below
We provide complete troubleshooting related to Sage related to installation, upgrade, update, all functional and technical issues. With the help of the above steps, you are likely to resolve the issue of “Sage Not able to run payroll”. However, if the problem persists after trying the above steps, you can contact AskForAccounting on the toll-free number to get the error resolved.
We are the preferred choice of many Sage users who confide in our services. Our specialists are skilled in resolving the most intricate and difficult issues arising in Sage. Contact Sage 50 support team for all your queries and issues for a timely resolution to get back on track.