QuickBooks has become one of the most important accounting software for business owners. But, at times there are issues that plague the user of the software. A user might face the issue after reconciliation so there are ways in which a user can undo the reconciliation in the QuickBooks. This article is going to provide the user with steps in undoing the reconciliation in a easy way..
In case you find issues following steps, connect with QuickBooks ProAdvisor at 1800-865-4183.
Steps to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks:
- Open the QuickBooks
- Go to the bankings tab and click on it
- Next click on ‘Go to the Register’.
- It will open a page and then click on Reconcile button.
- Or one can click on the Wheel icon after opening the QuickBooks and from there click on the ‘Reconcile’ item.
- Look for the tab ‘History by Accounts’ and click on it. This will open a new page.
- Go to the box under the tag ‘Account’ and select the account that you have.
- Once that this done your account will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the transaction that one wishes to unreconciled.
- Next go to the tab ‘View Report’ and click on it.
- Two options will appear ‘Print’ and ‘Undo’.
- Click on undo.
- A new window will pop-up saying ‘Are you sure you want to undo this reconciliation with (the number of transactions you wish to unreconciled) transaction. It will have the options ‘Yes’ and ‘Go back’
- Click on ‘Yes’.
- A new pop-up will happen with the dialogue ‘You got it. We’ll undo this reconciliation’. Two options will appear again ‘Undo’ and ‘Go Back’.
- Click on ‘Undo’.
- This will successfully reconcile the QuickBooks.
If by following the steps above, you are not able to unreconcile then go through the series of steps below and you will be able to know how to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks:
- On the left go to the Banking menu.
- Click on the Banking.
- Choose the Account that you want to undo the reconciliation.
- There is the column Action above it is ‘Go to register/Account History’, select that.
- Look for the transaction that needs to be unreconciled and the user have to do one transaction at a time.
- The user is then required to highlight the transaction tab.
- After highlighting one needs to tab on the ‘R’ that is on the transaction’s top line. It will be between either ‘Amount’ and ‘Deposit’ or ‘Change’ and ‘Payment’.
- Clicking on it, a user will be allowed to change the transaction’s status that is from ‘bank=unreconciled’ to ‘C=cleared’.
- The user is then required to click on save.
- After this a pop-up with the message will appear with the options ‘Yes’ and ‘No’.
- Click on Yes.
In this accounting software, undoing the Reconciliation can be done both on QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop version. For the Online version, one needs to undo the reconciliation one at a time.
Reach us for help:
Connect with our ProAdvisors and seek instant support at 1800-865-4183.
Ask for accounting is a QuickBooks technical Support firm that takes care of the needs and issues being faced by QB users. QuickBooks is easy but operating QuickBooks demand a certain level of skill. If already are comfortable in using the platform then great, but if you need help anytime of the day then you can reach out to us.
Our QuickBooks telephone support phone number remains at your service 24/7, you can take advantage of it by asking any query that you might have with your program. Thus wait no more and dial us for QuickBooks help now.