At times, some errors happen when you try to open your Sage 50. One of the most common errors is the message, “Your Activation Key For Sage 50 Has Expired“. These Sage errors can hinder the progression of your task, which could result in either waste of resources or monetary losses.
If you are like us and do not welcome any losses then it’s better you get yourself connected with Sage 50 support to get easy assistance for your problems. With that said, let us figure out your issue and find out the most optimal solution.
- 1 Why do you see the “Your Activation Key For Sage 50 Has Expired” error?
- 2 Reasons for Sage Activation Key Expired
- 3 How to Resolve Sage 50 Expired License Key Error
- 4 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Why do you see the “Your Activation Key For Sage 50 Has Expired” error?
An error appears on your computer screen when you try to open your Sage 50. Which reads something like this:
The activation key for the program has been expired;
Cannot Open this program on the workstation;
Cannot open this program on the server; which could be instantly followed by, ‘You have reached the maximum allowed connections’.
Reasons for Sage Activation Key Expired
- The program pervasive might’ve gotten damaged somehow.
- The pervasive license key has expired
- Some files in the data path have been damaged.
- The data path is not correctly set on the workstation.
- Anti-virus firewall blocking the activation
How to Resolve Sage 50 Expired License Key Error
No matter how stressful an error is, it could be easily resolved through a proper method. Follow these steps to resolve the issue Sage 50 activation problem:
Total Time: 20 minutes
Step 1: Rename File
🔹 You will need to rename certain files in your data path, namely:
● Software Installations.xml.
Step 2: Installing Pervasive again
🔹 Removing Pervasive: Shut down Sage 50 Accounting- US Edition.
🔹 Hit Windows+R Key on your keyboard.
🔹 Type down Control Panel in the given field, and hit Ok.
🔹 Go to Program and Features.
🔹 Find listed versions of Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine and uninstall them.
🔹 Exit the Control Panel.
🔹 Once again hit Windows+R Key, type C: and hit
🔹 Delete any folder or files that you find related to keywords pvsw, pvswarch, PSQL_v[version number]_Install.log.
🔹 Go to C:Windows and delete log (If there is).
🔹 Now go to C:ProgramData.
🔹 Find the Pervasive Software folder and rename it to OldPervasive Folder.
🔹 Go to C:Program Files or C:Program Files (x86)
🔹 Find Pervasive Software folder and rename it to OldPervasive Folder.
🔹 Go to C:Program FilesCommon Files or C:Program Files (x86)Common Files.
🔹 Find Pervasive Software Shared folder and rename it to OldPervasive Folder Shared.
🔹 Close the window.
🔹 One more time hit Window+R Key, enter regedit, and hit
🔹 Right-click on Computer, Export, to save the Registry backup to your desktop.
🔹 Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftware or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareWow6432Node
🔹 Delete Pervasive Software and
🔹 Finally, close the Registry Editor.
🔹 Removing Activation files in the data path: Remove these files: DAT.BAK, SERIAL.DAT, ClientInfo.xml, Entitlements.xml, SoftwareInstallations.xml, Any *.PTL files, Any *.LCK files.
🔹 Manually Reinstalling the Pervasive: Go to C:SageSage50_[XXXX] (Where XXXX is the version)
🔹 Access the folder- PervasiveMin
🔹 Right-click msi and select Run. Hit Next.
🔹 After accepting the License Agreement, follow Run as a Service > Complete > Next > Install > Finish.
Follow this Guideline if the Data Path is Not Correctly Set on the Workstation
- Start with confirming the location of data on the server.
- Now generate a new text file in the location of data.
- Go to Workstation and locate the path given in the configuration file.
- Follow the given path and ensure that you find the text file we created in the second step.
- In case you can’t find a said text file, ensure that the mapped drive to the location of data is there. If not, create one.
- Now edit the configuration file we looked for in the third step to redirect to the correct location of data.
The error should now disappear.
AskforAccounting houses certified Sage experts that can get your issue fixed in no time. Thus worry no more and connect with us through CHAT.
In case you are still figuring out the solution for the error, “Your Activation Key For Sage 50 Has Expired”. You can also know how to find the Sage 50 serial number and activation key. Now it’s time you reach out for Sage 50 Support. You can call our toll-free helpline number to get yourself sorted instantly over the phone.