In this article, we are going to show you how you can resolve the Sage 50 cannot connect to company data location issue. Sage 50 might lose the connection sometimes and you suddenly get a message Sage 50 can’t connect to your Sage 50 company data file’. There are a lot of reasons behind this issue and this issue can also harm the company file.
If you are using the Sage accounting software, you may experience problems with Sage 50 cannot connect to company data location. This can happen if the software is not configured correctly or if there is a problem with the computer that is used to access the data. Getting an error message displayed…
Error: “Sage 50 could not be opened because the company data location at [data path] on [computer name] could not be found or accessed“
Error: “Sage 50 could not be opened because the company data location could not be accessed” or “Sage 50 could not be opened because it is not a valid company data location.“
Cause Sage 50 Cannot Connect to Company Data Location
If you are experiencing issues with your Sage 50 not connecting to the company data location, there are a few causes and reasons.
- The drive was mis-mapped.
- An incompatible mode of selection.
- Data Path File/Folder Moved or Deleted.
- Mapped Disconnected or Empty Drive.
- The host machine or server has insufficient security settings.
- When the program versions on a computer differ from those on the host machine and server.
- The DNS Resolving Issue (Domain Name Service).
- The connection to the Host Machine or the Server has been severed.
- The.INI (Information) File was linked to the wrong data path.
What are the steps to Resolve Sage 50 Cannot Connect to Company Data Location
If you are having problems with Sage 50 cannot connect to company data location, there are a few things that you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
Solution I: Make certain that compatibility mode is not in use
- Select Properties from the context menu when you right-click on the Sage 50 software icon.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck the box Use compatibility mode to run this software.’
- Press the Apply button.
- Verify that your Sage 50 software is error-free.
Solution II: Disconnected Network Drive
- Click on Computer or My Computer.
- Try to open the drive mentioned in the error message.
- If the drive cannot be found, remap it with the same drive letter.
- If prompted for a username and password, enter the appropriate credentials and check the box.
- Remember My Credentials, and then click OK.
- Reboot the system if the drive powers on but is found to be empty.
- If the error persists, proceed to the next Solution.
Solution III: (DNS) domain name service (DNS) resolution issues
- If the software opens immediately after mapping or installing the network drive, either on your server or workstation, or if you reboot, you likely have a problem with your network’s Domain Name Service.
- You can insert a host’s file entry as a temporary solution.
Solution IV: Deleted or Moved Data Path Folder or Files
These steps are only applicable if the error is on a standalone computer.
- Installation or at the server Take note of the path that is maintained in the error message.
- Exit the Sage 50 software.
- Navigate to the path specified in the error message.
- Reinstall the software if any section of the path cannot be created or if the final folder is empty.
- Insert the Sage 50 software data path into the Sage 50 software data path.
- Open Sage 50 software and confirm that the error has been eliminated.
Read more: - Sage 50 Company Missing or Not Found
Resolving the Sage 50 error, Sage 50 can’t connect to company data location is not at all a difficult task. We hope now you have enough information about the error and hopefully the above-mentioned steps will help you to fix the issue. If you need any further help or need more info, then please give a call to the Sage 50 consultant number or you may connect via online chat.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you verify the Installed version on the server as well as the workstation?
To check the program’s version, go to Help, About Sage 50. Check the same on both the workstation and the server; if the versions do not match, upgrade the computer with the lower version.
How do verify security settings on the server or the host machine?
You can follow the mentioned steps to verify security settings on the server or the host machine:
● Check that you can navigate to the data path location on the server that is hosting the data.
● Disable password-protected sharing if necessary.
How can you easily detect that there is a problem with your network’s Domain Name Service?
If the software opens immediately after mapping or installing the network drive on your server or workstation, or if you reboot, you most likely have a problem with your network’s Domain Name Service.