QuickBooks error 6189 816 is one such error that is commonly reported by QuickBooks users. This error comes up when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Error code 6189 is a 6000 series error related to the company file in the QuickBooks program.
QuickBooks is acknowledged as the most popular accounting software that has been designed with many strong features. The employment of applications has helped business owners to run their businesses flawlessly. The software is user-friendly and offers a self-explanatory dashboard.
What’s mean QuickBooks Error 6189, 816- Company File Issue
QuickBooks Error 6189 816 indicates the error occurs when you attempt to open the company file on Windows System. QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816 is also commonly known as a runtime error. This error code usually arises while the company file opens or runs. When this error code occurs you may see the below mention error message on your desktop screen:
QuickBooks error code 6189, -816 occurs when tried to access the company file, an issue with multi-user network.
There are Major Reasons that are Responsible for the Occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 6189 816
If you’re experiencing an error code in QuickBooks, it’s important to know the reasons and causes.
- When there is a dissimilarity between .tlg and .qbw files.
- If the .qbw file is being updated on another computer without the .tlg file.
- Due to the update failure.
- Another user accesses the company files in Single User Mode.
- Data Corruption in the QuickBooks data file.
- Damage while downloading company files.
- Incomplete/Improper installation process.
- Infection by virus or malware in the system files of your Windows.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6189 816
Since there are multiple reasons why you face QuickBooks error 6189 816 thus you would need to work with multiple solutions. If one doesn’t work then try to jump on to another one as this will help you fix your issue. You are required to follow the steps in their exact sequence.
Step 1: Reboot your System & Server
- Reboot Desktop comprises company files that can be easily accessed.
- In case you have stored your company data on the Server you have to restart your Server.
- Follow the second solution in case the error is not fixed.
Step 2: Installation of QBMS (QuickBooks Database Manager on Server)
- You have to install QuickBooks or QuickBooks Database Manager (QBM) on the server you are using that is hosting your company file.
- There is no need for an extra license while installing the Database Manager.
- Database Manager needs to be installed if the QuickBooks database user is not visible.
- Once the installation is properly complete.
- Finally, reboot your server.
Step 3: Data File Location is Network Drive
- Verify that the company file is not saved on a NAS device or any drive that can be removed.
- These devices do not allow running the QuickBooks Database Manager.
- At times it ends with data corruption.
Step 4: Using Data File Share Service
- Good in case your organizational file is not employing any file sharing service or online sync services such as Dropbox, SugarSync, Box.net, or another type.
- In case online auto-backup utilities for your QuickBooks program might be the cause of the issue.
- The error might occur while attempting to open the organizational file following this way.
- To escape from these problems shift all organizational files out of the Dropbox folder and copy them to the C: drive of your desktop.
Step 5: Use Encryption Software on your System
- Intuit or QuickBooks Experts doesn’t suggest encrypting your company file.
- For software disability, you have to contact your encryption software vendor.
The solution to QuickBooks Error 6189 816 highly depends on the problem that caused it. Since many causes can lead to this particular error thus you would need to get expert advice. If the help is not accessible nearby then you can get in touch with us at our number. You can dial us for USA and Canada at our QuickBooks error consultant phone number and our certified Experts will be happy to help you.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.