While using QuickBooks, users might get the error messages like: QuickBooks Unable To Connect To Email Server but could not understand the server’s response. If you are here and encountering the same issue then either do the DIY yourself (which might be a lot tricky) or connect with QuickBooks Technical Support.
QuickBooks Unable To Connect To Email Server
We have provided here with 5 different solutions that you can try to fix your issue. The likelihood of your error getting fixed with the first method is quite high but in case if it does not then follow each method to resolve it. This article will provide you will all the possible methods to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Reboot the computer
You close the QuickBooks application fully and then can either reboot your computer or can switch it off completely and then on again. This might help your QuickBooks to connect to the email server. If not then follow the next method.
Method 2: Update QuickBooks to the Latest release
While many face this connecting to the email server error but QuickBooks Desktop 2017 version addressed the issue and the problem was resolved. Thus here is what you need to do in order to fix your issue:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and find the ‘Update to the Latest Release’ page.
- Ensure that the product of yours is selected. In case it is not there then find the Change link and click on it. Then select the QuickBooks product of yours.
- Next to download the update file click on the ‘Update’ icon.
- After the update is complete, click on Setup Automatic Updates’ so that QuickBooks will automatically engage in downloading the latest updates produced by Intuit.
- Next restart your computer and try to see if the connection has been established between QuickBooks and email server. If not go to the next method.
Still facing an error:
If the above 2 methods weren’t of any help and you still face QuickBooks Unable To Connect To Email Server error then continue with the below given method.
Method 3: Check web mail preference settings
- Open QuickBooks desktop and locate the Edit menu. Select Preferences from there.
- Select Send Forms from the left pane.
- Select My Preferences; from there select the email account that you have put in QuickBooks to work with.
- Next click on the icon Edit.
- Go to SMTP server details section on the edit email info screen. You then need to enter the server name and port to the email provider settings of yours. You can set it up with Microsoft Outlook or any other webmails. The details of the SMPT Server and Ports can be obtained from QuickBooks’ website ‘Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop’.
- After setting up web mail preference, restart the computer and open QuickBooks to see if the email is working on the software. If the error persists then try the next method.
Method 4: Make Internet Explorer to Default Settings
- Open the Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu or the icon of the gear.
- From the menu select and click on Internet Options
- This will open another menu, locate the Advanced tab and then click o Restore Advances Settings.
- Click on OK and close the Internet explorer browser.
- Restart the computer to check if the error still persists.
- If the problem still continues check the next method.
Method 5: Check the anti-virus
There are times when anti-virus software that you are using might cause the problem. That needs to be checked.