In this article, we will give you step-by-step instructions to take scheduled QuickBooks Point of Sale backup. Also, we will tell you how to restore a backup of QuickBooks Point Sale files.
Creating a backup of your QuickBooks files is always a good idea. There are can be various reasons why you want to create a backup of your files. However, backing up should be always done prior to making any major changes to your files. This will enable you to QuickBooks Point of Sale Backup much more easily.
Restore QuickBooks Point of Sale
However, in order to restore each and every of your QuickBooks Point of Sale files without any hassle, it is highly advisable to take a scheduled backup of your QuickBooks Point of Sale files every day. It is very easy to configure to automatically take a backup of your QuickBooks Point of Sale files to a designated location and folder once every day at your preferred time.
Steps to take Scheduled Backup of QuickBooks Point of Sale Files
- Go to the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Now go to Company from there you will be taken to the Data Safeguard section of the General Page.
- There, tick-mark the Every Day at the box.
- Specify your preferred time.
- Also, you can change the location too where you would like to take a backup of your data.
- Select Save.
Steps to Restore QuickBooks Point of Sale Backup Files
- Select File and choose Company Operations.
- Now choose to restore from backup.
- After that click on Next.
- Mention the preferred location where you would like to restore the data.
- In order to restore data from a default folder anywhere saved on your local disk, choose to Restore from default backups and choose a backup file from the displayed list.
- In order to restore data from a network drive or any kind of removable media, choose to Browse to alternate backup files and mention the path or browse the location where the backup files are stored.
- And if you are restoring data from any kind of removable media, don’t forget to insert the media into its specific drive.
- Now click on Ok.
Points to remember about restoring QuickBooks Point of Sale files:
- QuickBooks Point of Sale can easily save data of about ten generations. And upon the 11th backup, the first backup file gets deleted.
- It is important to note that daily automatic is performed only when there is a Server Workstation.
- It is preferred to take a backup of your QuickBooks Point of Sale before performing any kind of data-related tasks, such as the Clean Up Company Data utility or Data Import Wizard.
You can also get instant direct Consultant just by giving our expert team which is our Consultant-Desk number and consulting your QuickBooks POS consult with our experts. They will assist you to resolve any kind of issues you are getting with your QuickBooks POS system instantly.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.