If you are looking to virtually secure your financial data then there is no better software you can get other than QuickBooks. Though the program is one of the finest platforms to do accounting, sometimes it is full of bugs. The issue “QuickBooks Error 6073 99001” you face in Enterprise program is only by your own fault.
- 1 QuickBooks is Unable to Open Company File Error 6073 99001
- 2 Here are the Other Possible Causes, why you see 6073 Error…
- 3 How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 99001:
- 4 Manually Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 99001
QuickBooks is Unable to Open Company File Error 6073 99001
QuickBooks only allows you to open up the company file in a standard enterprise mode. But if you are trying to access the same in the multiuser format then you are bound to get an error. This is why you see QuickBooks error 6073 99001.
Here are the Other Possible Causes, why you see 6073 Error…
- The company file is already active with a different user.
- The file that you are trying to edit is available in a read-only format.
- You are trying to access the QuickBooks company file remotely.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 99001:
If you want to automate the entire process of fixing the error code then run the error through QuickBooks file doctor. If you don’t have the software installed then you can download it from here.
Run the Error using QuickBooks File Doctor..
- Once you have downloaded the program, open up the software.
- Now you will be asked to choose your QuickBooks file.
- Select the same using the drop down menu.
- You are not able to locate the file from the drop down list then browse the path where it is located on your desktop.
- Since now, you need to resolve the error thus choose the option that says: “FILE DAMAGED”.
- Go ahead and log in the software with your QuickBooks credentials.
- Choose where you are hosting the QuickBooks file doctor software.
- If you are running it on a system where QB files are not virtually stored then choose the option that says: “WORKSTATION”.
- But if you are running File Doctor on the same system where QB files are also stored then choose the “SERVER” option.
- If you are asked to share your company then do the following:
- Choose YES if your company file is present on the same system.
- Choose NO if your company file is present on a workstation.
- When everything set and done, file doctor will start to diagnose the possible issues that are causing the error and on completion, will offer you with the best solution.
Manually Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 99001
If for some reason file doctor is unable to fix your issue then you will have to take manual action and have to fix the file manually. Here is what you can do…!
Single User Mode Error:
If you are facing the issue because the company file is open on another computer and that too in a single user mode then try following steps:
- The very first thing you would do is log out from the program from all computers.
- Now log back in on the system where the company file is virtually present.
- Now before opening the file, plug into multiuser more.
- This can be easily done from the file’s menu located at the top navigation bar.
- Log in to your account and most likely your issue would be resolved.
Fix Remote Access Error:
If you are facing the issue because you are trying to access the company file from a remote computer then here is what you need to try…!
- Choose the task manager option. This you can find by right clicking and choose the option from the task bar.
- From the dialogue that appears, choose processes option.
- Now locate if there are any running processes active. If so then, the easiest thing you can do is to log out from the program and shut down the system. Restart the program and try your running the file again. Hopefully, you will have no issues now.