The QBPOS software ensures proper tracking and maintenance of stock left with the business. Usually, A clean reinstallation is occasionally necessary to help fix issues that arise during installation or when using the software. Here’s how to remove and then clean reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale on your PC.
How to Perform or Run Clean Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
When you come across any error, it is recommended that you reset your system. It is suggested that you uninstall your current QBPOS application then clean reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
What are the essential steps to remember before performing a clean reinstall of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale?
When uninstalling QuickBooks Point of Sale, keep the following suggestions in mind.
- Make sure you have the QuickBooks POS download file or installation CD.
- Before proceeding with the next phases, the user must log in as a ‘Windows Administrator’.
- Most important, the user should create a backup of the data file.
- Another need is that you have both the license and the product number.
- Also, the user should check that the system being used can or should be rebooted.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- For the foremost step, to open the Run window, proceed to press the Windows + R key combination.
- Now, Enter the Control Panel and select OK.
- Next, proceed to hit on the option saying program and features.
- Thereafter, click Uninstall/Change, once you have selected QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale your current version 2012, 2018, or 2019 from the list of applications.
- After the subsequent step, Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Step 2: Rename all existing QB Point of Sale folders
- Now, Copy the Point of Sale data folder and paste it to the Desktop if uninstalling from the server computer.
- Add ‘OLD‘ at the end of the folder name as a suggestion. This prevents QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale from recognizing the folder and prompting you to create a new one.
Here are the folder locations
- C:\Public\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Progrma files (x86)\Common files\Intuit\Entitilement client\v8
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
To Delete the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows user
- In the first step, proceed to select Windows Strat and select Control Panel.
- Now, proceed to click on User Accounts, and then choose to Manage another account.
- Next, in the User Account Control window, Continue.
- After the subsequent step, Select QBPOSDBSrvUser before deleting the account.
- Thereafter, Verify that the folder has been deleted.
- At last, Restart your computer.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- Go to the downloaded installation file of QuickBooks POS
- Search for the file that has having .exe extension
- Double-click on it to open it
- The install Wizard opens up
- Follow the installation process as instructed in it
- When you are done click on the Finish button
- Now the QuickBooks POS is reinstalled properly
- Open it and check for errors.
Step 4: Restore the QuickBooks POS company file
- The first step is to open QuickBooks Point of Sale and name the new business file.
- The next step is to then restore the backup.
- After the subsequent step, After recovering the file and checking that it has the right data, ensure that you can safely close and reopen Point of Sale, connect to other POS devices, and connect to QuickBooks Desktop (if applicable).
- Thereafter, Re-register QuickBooks Point of Sale.
In case you’re stuck with the clean reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale process you can contact the QuickBooks Point of Sale support team they will guide you with their expertise anytime and anywhere.