This article is a step-by-step instruction guide for users who are looking to “Install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale” and run on their workstations without any issues.
With the most advanced accounting software, QuickBooks has left its stamp on every accounting foundation. While enjoying its many advantages, the user may meet specific technical challenges, which are usually resolved promptly and by the individual himself.
QuickBooks Point of Sale is a retail point of sale system suitable for a wide range of small businesses, including clothing and shoe stores, small franchises, sporting goods stores, and gift shops. It includes inventory and customer management tools, as well as item planning and a tablet-friendly point of sale.
Check Software-specific System Requirements Before Install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Version 2019
Before the successful installation of QuickBooks Point of Sale can be achieved, there are a few things that will need to be noted and taken care of. Every software has some specific system requirements that need to be met by the workstation the user is trying to install the software on. The same goes for the QuickBooks Point of Sale version 2019 software. Listed below are the specific system requirements that need to be met for the software to perform all functionalities without malfunctioning.
- Minimum 4GB of RAM. The recommended RAM is 6GB to 8GB.
- A minimum of 10GB of free space on the workstation’s disk. Apart from that, the workstation must also have additional free space for the storage of data files.
- For a single user, a 2GHz processor is required, whereas, for multiple users, a 2.8GHz processor is mandatory.
- A screen resolution of 1024×768.
- The workstation must have one of the following versions of Windows installed as the operating system:
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003.
- If the user wishes to import/export data or integrate their Microsoft Office they will also require Microsoft Excel 2010 or Microsoft Excel 2013.
- For Multi-user environments, each workstation running QuickBooks Point of Sale must have an independent user license purchased. Moreover, every QuickBooks Point of Sale copy must be of the same version.
If all of the aforementioned requirements have been met by the user, they can proceed to the next step, which is to download QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop.
Download QuickBooks Point of Sale
The download for QuickBooks Point of Sale can be found online on Intuit’s Downloads and Updates page. The user can either select the product they want (QuickBooks Point of Sale), the edition (Basic, Pro, Multi-Store), or the version (19).
- Go to the QuickBooks Downloads & Updates page
- Now, select your country United States (US) then Choose QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale product
- After that select software Edition Basic, Pro, Multi-store, and then version 2019.
- Now, simply download QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Now, that you are thorough with the concepts and important system requirements, let us now move to the actual process of installation. Along with a step-by-step guide to help you perform accurate steps and easy formation.
How to Install QuickBooks Point of Sale
Once this has been completed, the user can begin with the installation process for QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop.
- For the foremost step, navigate to the location where QuickBooks Point of Sale was downloaded on their workstation.
- The second step after locating the Point of Sale is to proceed further to run the file by double-clicking on it.
- This step will lead to the start of the installation process for the software.
- If there is a case, prompted with the option to overwrite the existing extracted files, they can simply select ‘Yes to All’ and continue.
- Further hit, on the option Next to being with the installation.
- After the subsequent step, The software will provide the user with the Software Licence Agreement.
- You must agree to all the terms and conditions to continue with the installation of the software.
- To agree to the terms, the user must select ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’ and hit ‘Next’.
- Now, you will have to provide their Licence and Product number and once they have provided these details, they can hit ‘Next’.
- Once the above step is completed, At this point, you will be prompted to select the number of computers that are going to be used for QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- If only one workstation is going to be used for QuickBooks Point of Sale, the user can select ‘Single User’.
- If there are going to be two or more users for QuickBooks Point of Sale, the user needs to select ‘Multiple Users.
- The user will also need to select whether the workstation is on the server side or the client side.
How to Perform or Run Clean Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Usually, A clean reinstallation is occasionally necessary to help fix issues that arise during installation or when using the software. Here’s how to remove and then reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale on your PC.
What are the Essential steps to Remember before Performing a Clean reinstall of QuickBooks Point of Sale?
When uninstalling QuickBooks Point of Sale, keep the following suggestions in mind.
- Make sure you have the QuickBooks POS download file or installation CD.
- Before proceeding with the next phases, the user must log in as a ‘Windows Administrator’.
- Most important, the user should create a backup of the data file.
- Another need is that you have both the license and the product number.
- Also, the user should check that the system being used can or should be rebooted.
In this section, we will carry forward the step-by-step guide on how to clean reinstall QuickBooks Point of sale.
Steps to Perform Clean Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
The following steps present you with a complete guide. Do carry on with the steps accurately to avoid any scope for errors.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- For the foremost step, to open the Run window, proceed to press the Windows + R key combination.
- Now, Enter Control Panel and select Ok.
- Next, proceed to hit on the option saying program and features.
- Thereafter, click Uninstall/Change, once you have Select QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale your current version 2012, 2018 or 2019 from the list of applications.
- After the subsequent step, Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Step 2: Rename all existing QB Point of Sale folders
- Now, Copy the Point of Sale data folder and paste it to the Desktop if uninstalling from the server computer.
- Add ‘OLD‘ at the end of the folder name as a suggestion. This prevents QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale from recognizing the folder and prompting you to create a new one.
Here are the folder locations
- C:\Public\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Program files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\Progrma files (x86)\Common files\Intuit\Entitilement client\v8
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
To Delete the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows user
- In the first step, proceed to select Windows Strat and select Control Panel.
- Now, proceed to click on User Accounts, and then choose to Manage another account.
- Next, in the User Account Control window, Continue.
- After the subsequent step, Select QBPOSDBSrvUser before deleting the account.
- Thereafter, Verify that the folder has been deleted.
- At last, Restart your computer.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- The first step is to check the system requirements.
- The next step is to go to the download option and hit on Download.
- At last, proceed to install the Point of Sale on the system.
Step 4: Restore QuickBooks POS company file
- The first step is, Open QuickBooks Point of Sale and name the new business file.
- The next step is to then restore the backup.
- After the subsequent step, After recovering the file and checking that it has the right data, ensure that you can safely close and reopen Point of Sale, connect to other POS devices, and connect to QuickBooks Desktop (if applicable).
- Thereafter, Re-register QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What to do if while cleaning and reinstalling QuickBooks Point of Sale the control panel is in category view
if the Control Panel is in Category view, proceed to select the uninstall program.
Where is the QuickBooks Point of Sale data file located?
The POS data file is kept on your computer in C: drive in software data to Intuit folder, the POS data folder is commonly titled QuickBooks POS XX (for versions 12 and 2013). QuickBooks POS 10.0 is for QuickBooks version 10, while QuickBooks POS 9.0 is for QuickBooks version 9.
What can be done if the backup of the file while cleaning and reinstalling QuickBooks point of sale is not happening?
if in case you are unable to make a backup, you must restore the qbpos.db file that is located in the data folder pasted on your desktop.
Does QuickBooks offer POS track inventory?
QuickBooks POS software delivers real-time inventory management, relieving you of inventory management difficulties by updating with each transaction. The program’s inventory management includes price tag customization, inventory projections, client orders, and backorders.