If you are looking to “adjust the average cost in QuickBooks” Online or PRO or any other QuickBooks version then follow these simple steps. This will help you adjust your AV of your inventory.
How to Adjust Average Cost in QuickBooks:
- Login to your QuickBooks accounts and go into your company file.
- Go into inventory and click on the value tab,
- Now you will be able to see “Adjust quantity in hand”. Open this window.
- Now navigate like Total value of the quantity > Select the product > Enter your new value and save the entry.
- This will update your average cost of an item.
This can be better explained with the help of an e.g.
If you are left with 10 items in your stock and the price of each item is $10. Then this would mean that your stock will be valued at $100. Now if you want to update the value of each product to $20 then you simply have to change the total value of the stock at $200. This will automatically change your per item cost at $20.
If you have reached till here, then you have adjusted your average cost of inventory. But if you still are facing issues then give us a call at our QuickBooks support and we will help you sort out your issue.