Even the idea alone of “QuickBooks will not open” can scare the hell out of accountants. Though QuickBooks is one of the greatest software in the market today it is not error-free.
If you are totally dependent on the program to maintain your daily accounting transactions then any error may lead to bigger issues for you.
QuickBooks Will Not Open in Windows 10
QuickBooks Software is a one-stop financial management platform that has reformed the manner of handling and performing financial activities of the business. The user can now automatically record transactions on daily basis and also perform other complex tasks easily. However, at times when the user clicks on the QuickBooks icon, they experience a problem like “QuickBooks will not open in windows 10“.
Such scenarios can be caused due to numerous reasons ranging from faulty installation to trying to open the software by clicking on it a number of times.
Steps to Solve QuickBooks Will Not Open in Windows 10 Issues
In order to resolve this issue, Intuit has provided a few user-friendly resolutions as displayed below. We have mentioned four different solutions to fix this issue. We will suggest you perform the solutions step by step.
Solution 1: Shut Down Process QBW32.exe
- Go to the taskbar of Windows and right-click on it and then click on the Start Task Manager.
- Now go to the Processes tab and follow it by sorting the Name of the Processes category in alphabetical order.
- Now click on the QBW32.EXE process from the list displayed and click on End Process.
Solution 2: Verify Company File being Accessed
Another reason for the error of QuickBooks Does Not Start is that there could be some corruption with the QuickBooks software itself. The software might be trying to open the older company file for which the best step is to isolate the software as well as the company file and verify the problem through the following steps.
- Navigate and right-click on the QB icon and long press on the CTRL key followed by the Open option.
- Ensure that you have not released the CTRL key till the No Company Open screen is not displayed.
- Now select and open the file.
Solution 3: Reboot the Computer System
- Rebooting the Windows and Computer System ensures that all the pending updates are complete and the system is now ready with more power and performance.
- Once the system has been restarted, try to access the software again.
- If this does not resolve the issue, then proceed to the next resolution.
Solution 4: Install and Run QBInstall Tool
One of the best tools invented by Intuit is the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool) which basically scans the software to locate and resolve most of the issues caused at the time of installing the software. Follow the steps below for this tool.
- Go to the Official website of Intuit and locate the tool from there.
- Once you download the tool through the link, you will be prompted and should save the file on the desktop itself.
- Look and close all the applications running in the background and otherwise before running the QBInstall tool.
- Now restart the system to save any and all changes made by the tool and access the software again.
Important: We don't recommend downloading the tool as it may be malware infected.
The team of professionals housed by the company is quite knowledgeable with accounting functions like Point of Sale management, tax planning, and proper recording of financial data. The services revolving around finances and inventory tracking will be accorded by expert accountants who have hands-down experience in dealing with related tasks.
If the user is unable to connect with the Consultant team of QuickBooks (Intuit) then they can directly reach out to the QuickBooks error Consultant phone number.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.