If you find this sort of an issue then, how to “Reinstall QuickBooks using clean install tool” and Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
There are many times while using QuickBooks a user faces some issues that hinder the working. While QuickBooks is very effective in doing the accounts of your business but there are times when the functioning of the QuickBooks is damaged.
Table of Contents
How to Reinstall QuickBooks
Reinstalling QuickBooks demands uninstalling the current version and installing the program again back into the system. This reinstallation of the QuickBooks desktop is called Clean Installation or Clean Uninstallation. When you face such a problem, you can contact Technical Helpdesk for QuickBooks and get things done with no hassles.
Please note: Before you start the process of uninstalling so that you can reinstall QuickBooks Desktop make sure that you have the QuickBooks CD for the installation. Also ensure you have the correct license and product numbers.
How to Reinstall QuickBooks Using Clean Install Tool
If your QuickBooks installation is corrupted you just want to start fresh and need to reinstall QuickBooks with the use of the Clean Install Tool. You will need to download and install the Clean Install Tool, then follow the instructions on the website. This tool will remove all the old files and install the latest version of QuickBooks. It’s an easy way to get back up and running quickly and without any hassle.
Step 1: QuickBooks Desktop Uninstall
- To open the Run command press Windows + R together on the keyboard.
- Type in Control Panel and then click on OK.
- Click on Programs and Features. If you have the Control Panel in the Category View then click on Uninstall a Program.
- A list of programs will appear on clicking on the Programs and Features. From the program, list selects QuickBooks and then click on Uninstall/Change.
- Prompts will appear on the screen, follow those to complete the process of uninstallation of the QuickBooks program.
- In case you are getting an error message while uninstalling the
- QuickBooks program.
- This error indicates that there might be a problem with the Windows Operating system, which we will help you to resolve.
- If the above problem is not there and the uninstallation has been completed without any issue, then go to the second step.
Step 2: Alternative Solution: Rename the Installation folders
In QuickBooks Clean Install Tool you have the option to rename the folders. If you do not want to use this option then you can rename the QuickBooks installation folders manually.
- Download and run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Download the QuikcBooks_Clean_Install_Too.exe file and then save it on your desktop.
- Next open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe
- On the license agreement click on I Accept.
- Next, select the version of QuickBooks Desktop you use and then click on Continue.
- When you see the message ‘QuickBooks is not ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory, then click on OK.
- Renaming the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders manually
You have to get the hidden files displayed and then rename each of the folder locations listed for your version of Windows. We recommend adding ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ to the name of the existing folders when you are renaming them.
- Error: Access Denied when renaming folders
- Right-click the Windows Task Bar and select Task Manager.
- Under the Process tab, click the Image Name column header to sort the process alphabetically by name.
- Select QBDMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe, and click End Process.
- Click End Process.
- When the message ‘WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability…’ is displayed, then click on Yes.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- After uninstalling the QuickBooks Desktop program you have to reinstall it.
- You have to do that by downloading the QuickBooks Desktop installation file that is specific to your region and the product that you use.
- After that, you have to follow the prompts to install the QuickBooks Desktop.
If you face any issues following the steps or still figuring out “how to reinstall QuickBooks” then get all the help via QuickBooks Consultant. Dial us toll-free and we will help you reinstall QuickBooks easily.