This article will guide you on the steps of how to download, Install, and setup QuickBooks Desktop for MAC. While there are several features that can and cannot be used in the Mac version of QuickBooks, if it is installed properly the software will work just fine.
Many of the powerful features found in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop for Windows are available in QuickBooks Mac Plus 2024, including job costing, inventory, class tracking, creating purchase orders, invoicing, and income and expense tracking. Although it has some drawbacks, such as the absence of a mobile app and location monitoring, the additional Mac-specific features make up for these shortcomings. We don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t utilize QuickBooks for Mac if you use a Mac computer and manage your books internally.
QuickBooks has become one of the essential accounting software in the market for business. While it has been running quite efficiently in windows, users of Mac have faced some running and installation issues with QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac System Requirements U.S Edition
Make sure that the QuickBooks Mac Desktop version is compatible…
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier – macOS 10.10.2 (Yosemite), macOS 10.11 (El Capitan).
- QuickBooks for Mac Sierra 2016 R6 and later – macOS 10.11 (El Captain), and macOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher.
- Multiuser Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run the server.
- Product registration is required.
Integration / Compatibility Requirements
- For exporting data reports Apple Numbers’09, Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 for Mac.
- The E-mail needs Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage 2008, or Outlook 2011 for Mac.
- A paid subscription is required for processing payroll that is integrated with QuickBooks for Mac.
- Also requires an Internet connection for printing it, which is an additional cost.
Set-Up QuickBooks Desktop for MAC
Learn how to set up QuickBooks Desktop for MAC 2024 to 2013 users.
Download QuickBooks Desktop for MAC
- For the first and foremost step, proceed to click on the link listed https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products
- After clicking the above link successfully, move to enter some required information asked on the appeared window such as Country, and Product
- After that choose version year QuickBooks Desktop MAC 2024 to 2013.
- Thereafter, now your window a download button will appear, proceed to hit on the same.
Steps to Install QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- Ready the Installer.
- To download QuickBooks Desktop MAC from the company website.
- For CD installation use the CD installer.
- Start the installation.
- Close all the applications that are running.
- Insert the QuickBooks CD into the CD-ROM or double-click the downloaded installer.
- The QuickBooks installation windows will open automatically.
- Drag the QuickBooks icon to the Applications folder.
- The Applications folder will automatically open.
- Double-click the QuickBooks icon to open the application.
Find License and Product Numbers
- Download Product: If you are using the Internet to download the product you will receive an email from QuickBooks that will have the license and the product number. In case you have not received the confirmation mail about purchasing or for the trial version of QuickBooks then you can retrieve your license number.
- Using CD: If you are using QuickBooks CD to install the product then you have to scratch off the label on the packaging to get the license and the product number.
Upgrade/Convert Company File
You have to update your company file in case you want to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop for Mac; to do that follows these steps:
- Open your company file in the newer version.
- Select Upgrade when you are prompted to do so.
- Click on OK after the upgrade is done.
- To see that the correct company file is converted check your balances, reports, and accounts.
- Change the Permission on Mac QuickBooks File
- Create Purchase Orders in QuickBooks Mac
- QuickBooks for Mac Sierra
- QuickBooks for Apple (Mac)
Hope you are now well sorted with your query, about how to use QuickBooks for Mac. In case you are still facing issues then you would now have to connect with the QuickBooks telephone helpdesk. Our customer service help desk remains available 24/7 to get you sorted with any issue. Thus wait no more and connect with QuickBooks Experts now.
Frequently Asked Question
What Variations Exist in QuickBooks Desktop?
In their desktop solution, QuickBooks currently offers four versions:
● Pro QuickBooks.
● Premier QuickBooks
● Enterprise-level QuickBooks
● Accountant for QuickBooks.
Has QuickBooks been Released for Mac?
Because it contains Mac-specific features like iCloud file sharing, QuickBooks for Mac is our top desktop software pick for Mac accounting software. knowledgeable bookkeepers: Because browsing and entering data is quicker on the desktop versions of QuickBooks compared to QuickBooks Online, many seasoned bookkeepers prefer them.
Does QuickBooks Work the same way on Mac and PC?
The company file can be converted to the alternative OS using both the Windows and Mac versions of QuickBooks. However, because the feature set varies, the converted file must stick to the lowest common denominator. Because of this, certain information is lost while switching between versions.
What is the Best Way to Move QuickBooks from one Mac to Another?
Follow the steps below to transfer QuickBooks mac to another.
● Go to the File menu in QuickBooks.
● Choose the Utility option.
● Choose Move QuickBooks to Another Computer.
● Make a one-time password after selecting I’m Ready.
● To select your USB flash drive, follow the steps then give the files some time to copy.
Can I setup QuickBooks Desktop for MAC Multi-user Mode?
Yes, you can setup, but you need additional licenses for each user.