It is pretty important to “find a QuickBooks Product and License number” for the re-installation of software and keep the continuity of your records and operation when you upgrade your software to a new system. Without these key codes we cannot use QB on your system and it often happens that the users tend to lose their QuickBooks product and license number. You have several places that you can find for these numbers depending on how you purchased the software and whether you registered it with Intuit. If you’re unable to find or facing license issues in finding then don’t worry! This blog disclosed the easiest way to find it.
- 1 Different Ways to Find a QuickBooks Product and License Number
- 2 In case, if you Unable to Locate the Installation Numbers:
- 3 There are Several Places to Look for Find a QuickBooks Product and License Number
- 4 FAQ’s
Different Ways to Find a QuickBooks Product and License Number
You can easily find the installation number with these following ways:
- Initial product packaging: In a scratch off sticker near the UPC code, you can find QB product and license number
- You can also find the license and product number in your confirmation mail
- The system where the software was initially installed,
- Initially, start the installation of program my inserting the CD in your CD-ROM drive
- And then installation process start automatically
- After that, select the Reinstall option
- License and product number will be displayed in the same window
- Note down them and then select Cancel.
In case, if you Unable to Locate the Installation Numbers:
If you cannot find the installation keys then it is recommended to visit QuickBooks Look Up page to retrieve it. But if the scan is unable to locate the license number of the key code, then a customer service contact will be shown for further assistance on the web page.
- In case, lookup page cannot find the number based on your phone number then login to your account and then try finding the information
- If you are unable to login, select the Contact Us connection
- Choose the product that you’re using to call the right number
- Make sure that you have the required proof of purchase of the software before you call Customer Service
- In case you have bought QuickBooks or Point of purchase of the software before you call Customer Service executive when you make a call for assistance
- You can easily find the order them from the Order Status page
- If the software or Point of Sale was purchased from a local retainer
- You have to fax evidence of this in that case
- Do include the name of the organization as well as contact details on the document
- You also have to fax the below-mentioned details:
- Box bottom where you find the UPC bar code
- The front of the program CD
- Receipt or invoice of the sale to the store
- A CD holder where you need to display the license number.
There are Several Places to Look for Find a QuickBooks Product and License Number
Try following methods to look for the same
Find QuickBooks License Number and Product Number in Packaging
- This method will be useful if you purchased a CD, then in that case you can look for the info in the Packaging.
- If you purchased Quickbooks online then you can try looking for the product and license number in the confirmation email you got at the time of purchasing the software.
Needs to Reinstall QuickBooks
- If you have got Quickbooks installation CD with you then you can try reinstalling the software
- In that case be ready with pen and paper and note down the license number that will be flashed on the screen.
Find License Number and Product Number Online
- Here you can navigate QuickBooks License Lookup tool provided from Intuit.
- Here trying entering your username and password that you made at the time of registering quickbooks.
- If your credentials are correct then you will be able to see your Quickbooks license number and product number.
- If you are still not able to find that then give a call at Quickbooks product support number and our customer care team will help you locate that.
Find License Number and Product Number Within QuickBooks
- Login to your QuickBooks accounting software and press F2
- You can even hit Ctrl+1 on your keyboard
- This will give you access to the product info page wherein you will be able to locate your license key.
Hope the above mentioned information will help you if you are not able Find a QuickBooks Product and License Number, if you want to delete or change QuickBooks license number, Then call our QuickBooks Support Number and get support by QB experts.
Why do we need QuickBooks Product and License number?
It is a unique key that assists you in installing QuickBooks properly. Having product key and license number is essential when you reinstall the software and also keep continuity on the records and operations. Thus, it is important for the QuickBooks users to note down the license number and product key before they start with the re-installation process.
Where can I Find the QuickBooks Product and License key?
There are multiple locations where you can find QuickBooks Product and License key. Below are the locations:
🔹 Confirmation Email: In case you purchased QuickBooks from Intuit official website, the numbers should be in the purchase confirmation email.
🔹 QuickBooks Packaging: If you have purchased a physical copy of the software, you can find the license numbers on your software’s packaging. The packaging shall have a sticker with the product and license key that are written on it.
🔹 QuickBooks License Lookup Page: To find the numbers, go to the Intuit License Lookup Web Page and enter the appropriate username and password.
🔹 Installation Disc: Insert the installation CD in a computer that has QuickBooks Desktop. Choose “Reinstall QuickBooks”. A window will appear that will have a product and license key.
How to Find QuickBooks License number in Registry?
🔹 First, open your QuickBooks Desktop and press F2 key from your console
🔹 Once you get the product Registration window then press F3 key
🔹 It will open Tech Help window and go to the Open File tab
🔹 From the list of all the files, click QBRegistration.dat file
🔹 In case, the file won’t open automatically then choose the Notepad from the List of Programs and hit Ok
🔹 After that, press Ctrl + F keys and then type License Number in the Search box
🔹 Next, press the Find tab and the text will be highlighted in the file
🔹 Now, you can see the product license registration number which is next to the highlighted text
🔹 Make a note of the validation/license number and then close the file
🔹 You can quickly re-register the application using the license number.
What is QBRegistration.dat and where can I find it in QuickBooks?
The registration file QBRegistration.dat includes details about QuickBooks product registration. The file is usually found in the C: ProgramDataCommonFilesIntuitQuickBooks folder. Alternatively, you can check for “QBRegistration” in Windows File Explorer’s search bar at the top right corner or open the file directly from QuickBooks.