Intuit’s QuickBooks is an awesome accounting solution that lets a user manage a business in a well-efficient manner. It is a user-friendly application involving many new enhancements and business-boosting options with “QuickBooks 2016 download“. This QB version has got an inviting interface that is trusted by the majority of users.
The features of the QuickBooks 2016 version have different modules. It allows a user to manage various accounting and bookkeeping solutions, involving, invoice management, payroll management, vendor management, and inventory management. Moreover, it helps in the calculation of income, expenses, tax, profit & loss, etc. Let’s explore everything regarding the QuickBooks 2016 download with the help of the below write-up. If you have purchased the license but don’t know how to Download QuickBooks, then no worries.
Even though you can download the software for free, to actually use it you would want to activate the same. For activation of the program, you would need to get in touch with QuickBooks Consultant to get your QuickBooks upgraded to the latest version. QuickBooks Experts will then guide you all step by step to make QuickBooks work for you. Now that you are well aware of all the technicalities involved.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to QuickBooks 2016 Download in your System
- 2 System Requirements QuickBooks 2016 Download
- 3 Upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to 2022
- 4 Step by Step Instructions to Update QuickBooks Release 2022
- 5 Features of QuickBooks Desktop 2016
- 6 QuickBooks 2016 Error and Issue
How to QuickBooks 2016 Download in your System
Follow the above steps to QuickBooks 2016 and download the older version 2016 QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Mac.
Total Time: 25 minutes
🔹 Firstly, go to this link https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products
🔹 Choose the product you just bought.
🔹 Select the QuickBooks version Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Accountant, POS, Professional, or MAC.
🔹 After that, select the year of the software 2016.
🔹 Click on the Download button and it starts downloading the software.
🔹 After completion of the download, open File Explorer.
🔹 Then click on the Downloads to get your downloaded .exe file.
🔹 Run and Install the file.
🔹 Enter the license key that you got with the purchase.
🔹 On clicking the download button a zip file will get downloaded.
🔹 Unzip it by double-clicking the folder and setup QuickBooks on your desktop.
🔹 To set up the software, simply follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Download QuickBooks 2016 Using CD
🔹 Install the CD and let it run.
🔹 Follow the instructions that appear on your screen and click the install now button.
🔹 Within a few minutes your QuickBooks accounting software will be ready to be used.
It is a pretty handy software tool developed for small and mid-sized businesses. This 2016 QuickBooks Edition allows up to 3 users to work on a company file at the same time. It is the best-suited accounting solution for those who look to manage all the transactions on a daily basis. It evolves the creation of a database that consists of information about the suppliers, customers, and other transactions.
You will get a pretty sleek and neat primary screen after QuickBooks Pro 2016 download where you are easily able to create invoices and record your deals. Additionally, it lets you import the client information by accessing spreadsheets. With that, you can effortlessly migrate or move your deal details. In short, QuickBooks Pro 2016 is the best accounting solution for the entrepreneur’s community.
This QuickBooks Edition contains all the features from the Pro version with the addition of industry-specific reports. If you’re planning to buy this QB edition then you purchase QuickBooks Premier 2016 Downloadable program where you’ll get perpetual licenses for up to 5 users. It helps you to keep track of business and delivers a full picture of the contacts, finances, inventory, and more of the company. There is a new feature called Bill Tracker that gives an instant view of the made payment.
Enhancements and improvements also involve an Advanced Reporting feature that helps in the management of forms in a single step including the “this year to last month” filter option. The industry-specific reports consist of unique tools to help in tracking the time which was spent to complete a job so that makes it easy to bill a client accurately.
This QB Edition involves many features which are pretty impressive when we talk to make the accounting process effortless. If you need more than 5 users, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions is suitable for up to 30 users working on a company file at the same time. The advanced Reporting feature lets you create critical and important business reports. A Bill Tracker option assists you to snapshot all the bills with less hassle in one place so that you can pay your unpaid bills. Avoid manual input of addresses from Service Order to Purchase Order using an Auto Copy Ship-To Address feature. You can save quality time by recording payments and sending invoices in a smart way. Among all these, it has an improved inventory troubleshooting process for inventory management so that you can easily check for negative inventory.
This QuickBooks for Mac edition has been uniquely introduced with Apple’s run-time memory model called ARC or Automatic Reference Counting. In the 2016 QB for Mac edition, the Single Activity and the Weekly Timesheets have been improved with the ability to sort columns and print as well. Additionally, you have full control to adjust column widths of forms as per the requirements just by selecting and dragging the column separators. The transaction Importer has also been improved in Mac 2016 which lets you import Sales Receipt from Square and others. The redesigning of the memory system helps you to improve performance. QuickBooks Mac 2016 download will only run on Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite), or Mac OS 10.11 (EI Captain).
It belongs to Enterprise Edition and helps you to save your cash on funds and verify your funds to manage them which is easy to remember as well. With the QuickBooks Account 2016 Download, you can make the accounting process as simple as possible by monitoring earnings and expenses; creating statements and invoices; and organizing the monetary details; everything in one place.
It offers a built-in payroll feature allowing you to create Paychecks for employees on time, Direct Deposit for 1099 Contractors, and automatically fills in the latest W-2, 94x Forms, 1099/1096 Forms, and other Federal Forms. Moreover, it simplifies the billing to make funds on time with less effort.
It is an industry-specific edition of QuickBooks Desktop that helps you in obtaining accurate job costs, maintaining data security on reporting, reducing time spent on reports, etc. this QuickBooks Contractor 2016 Download allows you for customizations that are pretty simple and very user-friendly. It provides a lot of flexibility based on the industry requirements like tracking inventory, job costing, cash flow management, and running reports of this particular industry-specific called QuickBooks Contractor.
Though these steps are good enough to have your software on your computer if your still face any issues then you would need to check your system requirements for QuickBooks 2016.
System Requirements QuickBooks 2016 Download
Before you can do QuickBooks 2016 Download, you would need to make sure that you are fulfilling all the requirements that need to be fulfilled. Check out the Intuit Marketplace for the most up-to-date list of the system requirements for the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 version.
Operating Systems Generally Consultanted:
- Windows 7, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 10: People often ask “Is QuickBooks 2016 compatible with windows 10…?”. And the answer to that is “Yes”. But please note that Enterprise 16.0 R7 and QuickBooks 2016 R7 are only compatible with Windows 10.
- Windows Vista (SP2 or later), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 (SP2)* including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2008, 2011, 2012 Windows Small Business Server 2011, Small Business Server 2008.
Windows: natively installed & Windows 7 or Vista (SP2) with UAC on Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008- Terminal Server Config, Windows Server 2003 (SP2)*, and Windows Small Business Server 2008.
Server RAM requirements
- 0-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10+ Users: 12GB RAM
- 15+ Users: 16GB RAM
- 20+ Users: 20+GB RAM
- Display optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 Extended monitors
- 4x CD-ROM drive required for CD installations
- Internet Connection is required
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting (96 DPI or 100%)
Additionally, medium DPI (120 DPI or 110%) is Consultanted to ensure an optimal experience for 110% scaling.
Hardware and Software Requirements
- Minimum processor required: 2.4 GHz.
- Minimum RAM required: 4 GB, though 8 GB is highly recommended.
- Display resolution required: 1024 X 768.
- 4x CD ROM drive.
Disk Space Requirements
- 5GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)250 MB: For Microsoft .NET installation. This will be required for better work experience with QuickBooks.
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings
- Additional software: 250 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD.
QuickBooks is capable of integrating with hundreds of third-party applications. The following integrations are provided with QuickBooks; additional RAM will enhance the use of these features. Let’s check the requirements for the software compatibility:
- Office 2010 and Office 2013/365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) are both 32 and 64-bit. (Note: Office 365 is only Consultanted when it is locally installed, not the web version.)
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2013, 2010, or 2007 (32-bit)
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge).
- Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If a sync is performed, duplicate records could result
- QuickBooks Point of Sale 2014 (V12.0), V11.0, V10.0
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner functionality and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- TurboTax 2016 and 2014 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2016 and 2014.
- Pro-Series tax years 2016 and 2014.
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail, and AOL.
- Internet Explorer 11, 10, and 9.
Firewall and Antivirus software compatibility
The below Firewall and Antivirus products are required for QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2016 and Enterprise 16.0. You can also do the adjustments for ultimate system performance when running QuickBooks. Some of this software may require Settings adjustments:
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Windows Vista Firewall (all editions)
- Windows Defender
Before you start downloading QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2016, make sure the PC should meet the following system requirements:
- Operating System: Consultant Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows XP, and Windows Vista
- Hard Disk Space should be at least 1GB of free space
- RAM Memory should be 512 MB RAM suggested
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or faster
- Compatible Architecture: 32 Bit (x86) / 64 Bit (x64)
- Including the above-mentioned System Requirements under the QuickBooks Desktop 2016.
It is always suggested that your system should meet the minimum system requirements. In order to download QB Desktop Enterprise 2016 version, you require:
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- RAM: 4GB
- Hard Disk space: Require 1GB of free space
- 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium Processor or later
- Compatible with 32 bit
- Including above-mentioned System Requirements under the QuickBooks Desktop 2016.
The minimum system requirements are:
- Intel Processor, Core 2 Duo or higher
- Available disk space should be a minimum of 250 MB
- Mac OS X v10.10 (Yosemite)
- 2GB of RAM ( 4GB is recommended)
- Required product registration
- Multi-user Server: Intel Core Duo or higher processor to run the server
- To install the QuickBooks for Mac: require CD/DVD drive or the proper Internet Connection.
- Checks: Use Intuit Checks if you’re planning to print checks
Note: Canadian Image Ready Cheques are not Consultanted
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer should be required if you’re planning to print deposit slips, invoices, lists, checks, purchase orders, reports, mailing labels, or graphs.
- Email requires Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage 2008, or Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Processing payroll, integrated with QuickBooks for Mac, requires a paid subscription (sold separately), EIN, and Internet access. QuickBooks 2016 for Mac works with Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac requires an internet connection and Adobe Reader to print checks and forms; additional fees apply
- Export report data requires Apple Numbers ‘09; Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 for Mac.
You require all the above system requirements of the QuickBooks Enterprise 2016. As discussed above, QuickBooks Contractor is a specific industry edition having features that fulfill the construction and contractor business needs. Before you move to the download process of the QB Desktop Contractor Edition, ensure that your desktop hardware, Operating System, software meet the minimum specification.
Upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to 2022
Upgrading QuickBooks from the older version to a new version indeed takes time and effort, but we also believe that upgrading with the latest release is important to stay up-to-date and organized. Likewise, upgrading QuickBooks 2016 to 2022 includes many new productivity-boosting features that help you to save time with advanced features and benefits. When you purchase QB 2022, all you need to perform the download, install and then upgrade using your new license and product information. Let’s see how easily we can upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to 2022.
Step by Step Instructions to Install QuickBooks Release 2021:
Step 1: Prepare before the installation
- First, confirm that the PC matches all the system requirements
- Download QuickBooks 2021 version and then save the file in the folder where you can easily locate
- Next, you need to prepare handy product information including the license number.
Step 2: Begin the installation process of QuickBooks Desktop 2021
- In the beginning, open the downloaded file called “QuickBooks.exe”
- Follow the instruction which appears on the screen
- Then consent to the software license agreement and hit Next
- Afterward, hit Product and License numbers and hit the Next button once again
Step 3: Choose the Install type
Here, you’ll get two options to complete the installation of QuickBooks version 2021 includes: Express and Custom or Network
Steps for Express Install
- Choose “Express” then hit Next
- Select the Install option
- Once the installation completes then immediately choose the option “Open QuickBooks” to launch it.
Steps for Custom or Network Install
- Initially, select the Custom and Network option then hit Next
- Next, select the “how you’ll use QuickBooks” option
- After that, select “Change the install location” on the next screen
- Choose the Browse to confirm the QB folder location
- To begin the installation, select the Next button
- Once completed then pick “Open QuickBooks” to start the application.
Step 4: Finally, you need to enable QuickBooks Desktop 2021
In this step, you’ll be asked to activate and update QuickBooks Desktop 2021 version as soon as the installation process completes.
Step by Step Instructions to Update QuickBooks Release 2022
Step 1: In the beginning, prepare the company
- Open your current QuickBooks version and then access the company file which you need to upgrade
- To access the Product Information window, you need to enter the F2 key
- Go to the File Information tab
- Verify the location where the company file is saved on the PC
- After that, Run the Rebuild Tool for the company file and then prepare it for the upgrade process.
Step 2: Complete the upgrade of the company file
- In the beginning, make sure that all users should be logged out from the company file
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop 2022 version
- Go to the “Open or Restore Company” tab and hit Next
- In case, you have a backup copy of the company file instead of a company file.
- Then you need to select the option “Restore a backup copy” option >> “Local backup” option
- After that, browse the system for the company file and select the same then click the Open option
- Once done with that then try to sign up the company file as an Admin User
- To start the upgrade process, you have to choose the “Update Now” option
- Click Done once the upgrade is completed successfully
- Finally, try to open the existing company file in the new QuickBooks Desktop 2022 version.
Step 3: Update QuickBooks 2021 version
After upgrading QuickBooks 2022 version and attempting to open the company file, it also requires updating QuickBooks, so you have the latest software release. With the above efficient steps, you can easily upgrade QuickBooks 2016 to 2022. It is always suggested that after upgrading QuickBooks 2022 version and the company file, make sure that you’re able to open the company file. Several times, it happens when users are unable to do the same due to some technical glitches and more. We will learn more about QuickBooks 2016 error code in the below paragraph.
Features of QuickBooks Desktop 2016
The below listed are the most exciting new and improved features available in all desktop versions of QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, and Enterprise) 2016:
- Bill Tracker:
It has a similar function as in Income Tracker. In the 2016 version, Intuit added a new feature to give an instant view of the “money-out” transactions. You can even view the outstanding bills, purchase orders, and item receipts in a single place. No need to gather multiple reports anymore!
- Payments Screen Search options:
Easily categorize columns in your payment screen and find the transaction you’re looking for without scrolling down the transaction pages. This feature makes your process pretty easy and simple.
- Bulk Clear Send Forms:
It offers a simple option to select and remove/delete more than one document which is sent to the queue just with a few clicks.
- Fiscal Year-to-Last Month report filter:
It is another newly added feature that allows a user to view the monthly data for a particular fiscal year except for current month data in a report. The new report filter lets a user easily select using the drop-down menu to view the Fiscal year data up via the previous month without customizing it to the date range.
- Auto Copy Ship-To Address:
It helps you to avoid manual entry of the address from the Sales order after creating a purchase order from a sales order or estimate. You can simply select the box to copy the entire ship-to address and the later process is taken care of by QuickBooks software.
- Streamlined Upgrade Experience:
This is the upgraded feature that makes a backup process easy by offering a new simple dialog option. For that, you just need to upgrade your existing file.
- QuickBooks Statement Writer:
If you’re using Microsoft Office 2013 then QuickBooks 2016 installation program should patch the PC so that it works with QB Statement Writer.
- Continuous Feed Label Printer Consultant:
In addition to the label sheets, you can print on single-roll continuous labels with the help of this feature.
QuickBooks 2016 Error and Issue
Users come across multiple errors when trying to perform several functions, the error codes seem to change multiple times a day. Especially, while accessing QuickBooks software or company files. Let’s check out the below-listed QB error:
|QuickBooks Error H505: It occurs when the user attempts to access another system company file and it failed because of improper QB installation and setup. This could also lead to several other reasons like damaged or wrong.ND file, QuickBooksDBXX, or QBFCMonitor are not activated on PC and incorrect Settings of hosting configuration.|
|Error 6175 0: This error code is usually found when users attempt to open the QB company file but the database server does not respond. QuickBooks error 6175, 0 was also encountered due to several reasons like hosting issues for multi-user access, misconfigured multi-user company files, firewall blocks the communication, and many others.|
|Unrecoverable error: The unrecoverable error code indicates that the software has experienced critical application users. This might display one of the 50 numeric error codes consisting of 10 digits in a 5-digit space. It is often found when users try to save the print or ship icon at the top of the transaction.|
|Error 1328: It is a common error 1328 encountered while installing, repairing, or sometimes when you’re uninstalling QuickBooks software. The error can also happen for many reasons like corrupt QB files, attacks of viruses and malware, unable to make uninstallation of software due to invalid entries in the Windows registry.|
|Com error: The full name of this QuickBooks is Crash Com arises when the user tries to open or attempt to email invoices or other transactions. The common causes of the Com error are the missing or damaged QB components, a Trojan or a virus hindering the synchronization, firewall blocking the QB interacting process.|
|Error 80029c4a: Also known as run-time error, QuickBooks error code 80029c4a is an unexpected error code that occurs when you try to open a QB or a company file. There are multiple factors due to which this error occurs like corrupt Windows registry, incomplete installation of QuickBooks software, QB files might get damaged, corrupted, or missing, etc.|
|Error 3371 status code 11118: It is mainly caused by damaged EntitlementDataStore.ECML contains the license properties of QuickBooks. Whenever the error 3371 status code 11118 is encountered then it displays an error message stating that “Couldn’t initialize the license properties”. Due to file damage or improper shutdown of your system, QuickBooks fails to sync the license properties whenever you open QB.|
|Script error: This Script error code leaves confusion a user about their existence because it doesn’t display any information regarding such errors. In that case, you are unable to find the actual causes. When this error occurs, the user looks at the QB program and finds that a specified webpage is not leading that indicating that there is a problem in the script of that particular page.|
|QuickBooks Error 15270- Error 15270 occurs when endeavoring to download a payroll update or setup file Read more…|
|QuickBooks Error 1935- Error 1935 at the time of installing QuickBooks Read more…|
You can also Download Other QuickBooks Edition/Version
QuickBooks Pro 2013
QuickBooks Premier 2013
QuickBooks Enterprise 2013
QuickBooks 2013 MAC
QuickBooks Self-employed 2019
QuickBooks 2018 Pro
QuickBooks Desktop POS 12.0
QuickBooks Point of Sale 2018
QuickBooks Point of Sale 19.0
If even after going through the above-given steps you are not able to get QuickBooks 2016 download then you are in urgent need to get an expert’s help. You can get in touch with the QuickBooks Consultant team who will walk you through every aspect of QuickBooks. If in case you are not able to connect with them because of long queues you can contact our QuickBooks Consultant for instant gratification.