Let’s start our article about the QuickBooks error 80029c4a loading type library/DLL problem. Normally this issue was accompanied QuickBooks program not opening. When you are faced with the bug then the error message usually shown appears like this:
Error 80029c4a can’t open QuickBooks Desktop
When you encounter the QuickBooks error 80029C4A loading type library/dll problem. The software is prone to errors. People often report an unexpected error when running an application.
Causes for QuickBooks Error 80029C4A
Error Code 80029c4a is an unexpected error that occurs when you try to open QuickBooks.
- Incomplete or improper installation of the software update.
- Antivirus blocked QuickBooks
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
When the error does not get resolved just by restarting your system, you need to follow the below-recommended steps.
Solution 1: Repair QuickBooks
Since the error is the result of a damaged file within QuickBooks, thus here we will try to repair the QuickBooks error. Follow the steps to do just that.
- Close QuickBooks then go to the Windows icon and click on it.
- Locate and select the Control Panel
- Select and click on the Uninstall or change program.
- From the list select QuickBooks and click on Uninstall/Change
- A new window will open for QuickBooks Installation. Click on the Next icon.
- Click on the Repair radio button and then click on Next.
- At the bottom then click on Repair
- On the completion of the process click on the Finish button.
- This should repair the QuickBooks application.
- To check to reboot the computer and open QuickBooks.
- If it performs normally then you are good to go. In case the error persists, go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks
If repairing the QuickBooks does not fix the issue related to the 80029c4a error then do a clean installation of the program.
- Go to Windows start menu
- Search QuickBooks Desktop then Run QuickBooks with an Admin rights
- Now go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, you have to install the downloaded version of QuickBooks.
- To do that search for the QuickBooks Desktop file that you saved when you downloaded it.
- Then to install double-click on QuickBooks executable file and run it.
- Get your License and Product numbers to be entered when prompted to complete the installation.
- After the installation is finished reboot your computer.
- Open your QuickBooks again and see if it opens normally.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Check with your operating system and seek the Uninstall or change a Program feature (Windows 8, 7, and Vista), or Add/Remove tab (Windows XP).
- Move ahead in uninstalling/removing QuickBooks current version.
- Create your QuickBooks company file backup.
- Save it securely prior to starting the Uninstall process.
- Now re-install your QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 5: Check Antivirus Settings
To keep your QuickBooks computer safe from viruses, you’ll need to set up the antivirus program. Sometimes or some antivirus blocks QuickBooks from loading essential files. If you see any of the programs listed below, give them permission to go through your firewall.
For more information related to QuickBooks Error 80029c4a, you can connect with QuickBooks customer Consultant. The experienced and knowledgeable Experts will provide all the authentic information and solutions to fix error 80029c4a. The reliable company roofs experienced QuickBooks error consultant experts. Who are efficient enough to resolve the QuickBooks Error 80029c4a problems in a very short time?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know that I have QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
You may encounter this error when opening QuickBooks or working with company files. A pop-up message containing “Error Code: 80029c4a” will be displayed.
Does QBDT error 80029c4a affect data integrity?
This error is more related to the program files and components rather than the actual company file data. However, it’s important to address the error promptly to prevent any potential data corruption or loss.
What causes QuickBooks error code 80029c4a?
This error is typically caused by issues such as a damaged or missing DLL file, incomplete installation of QuickBooks, or interference from antivirus or security software.
What is QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
QuickBooks error 80029c4a is a common error that occurs when a company file component is damaged or cannot be found. It is often linked with a missing or corrupted Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file.