In QuickBooks, while downloading the Payroll application user usually encounters some error issues. To avoid your company loss, you have to fix QuickBooks error 15241 in very little time. Among all QuickBooks payroll error is one of the most irritating errors you may face. This article will help you to repair QuickBooks error code 15241. The error message is displayed on your screen repeatedly.
The Payroll update did not complete successfully
This QuickBooks payroll update error 15241 comes under the QuickBooks 15xxx series error and is the indication that the error appears due to the disabled File Copy Service (FCS).
What is File Copy Service
File Copy Service is one of the most required add-on services which helps to handle file transfer processing while updating the QuickBooks accounting software. This error code normally appears when the user faces trouble while updating the payroll application or due to a damaged Microsoft Windows installer. It creates many issues for payroll functions.
Common Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 15241
- Corrupted and damaged downloaded file causes this issue
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Payroll updating
- Presence of virus or malware attack
- When some files are deleted while installing another program on the system.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15241
There is a different way to resolve this QuickBooks error 15241 in different windows and after that, you have to update the tax table too. So follow the process below to get it done, and update the QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution I: Download the updates as an administrator
- You have to close your company files and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then you have to right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and then you have to select Run as Administrator.
- When asked, “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?” you have to click Yes.
- Get the most recent updates for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Redownload the most recent update to the payroll tax table.
Solution II: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Common errors can be fixed with the QuickBooks Tool Hub. To use the tool hub, you must close QuickBooks. We advise you to use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit, for best results.
- Shut down QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s latest version, which is 188.8.131.52. Save the file to a location where you can quickly locate it, such as your Windows desktop or Downloads folder.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file that you downloaded.
- To install and accept the terms and conditions, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Double-clicking the icon on your Windows desktop will open the tool hub after the installation is complete.
From the Tools Hub, run the Quick Fix my Program
Any lingering background processes QuickBooks might be using will be terminated by the Quick Fix. It will quickly fix your program.
- Choose Program Issues from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Click on “Quick Fix my Program.”
To fix or repair common install issues you have to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
Solution III: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Windows 8, 7, Vista, or 10
- First of all, you have to close your QuickBooks Desktop
- Then, hit your click on the “Window Start” button and then enter right-click on the “Computer”
- Choose the “Manage” option from the drop-down menu
- Go to the left pane, and choose “Services and Applications”
- Go to the right pane and enter your double-click on the “Services”
- Now, you enter the “Intuit QuickBooks FCS” option
- From the “General” tab, choose the “Startup type” and then click on the “Manual” button
- Proceed forward to the next move and click on the Apply button
- Go to the Start and click on OK
- Now, you are all set to open your QuickBooks Desktop and able to download the updated products and Update payroll tax tables.
For Windows XP
- Take the exit from your QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Desktop window, hit the right-click on “My Computer” and then select the Manage option
- After that, the Computer Management screen appears on your screen
- Hit the next click on the “Services and Applications” and then choose the services
- Then, the service window opens on your screen
- Go to the QuickBooks FCS service and then the Intuit QuickBooks FCS properties window will appear on your screen
- Open the General tab and click on the “Startup type” button and then select the “Manual” button
- Hit the click on the Ok button and open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now you get access to download the QuickBooks Desktop product updates
- And also Update the payroll tax tables.
The above information and all possible solutions are sufficient to resolve the QuickBooks payroll update error 15241. While implementing the above solutions if you need any kind of help or assistance, do a live chat with QuickBooks expertise or dial the QuickBooks error consultant number. To get all answers to your doubts without a minute delay, send all questions to this email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
How would I restart the QuickBooks Desktop instantly?
Locate and open the Control Panel first. Now, you have to choose open service Tools. Enter your click on the Services from the rundown. Then, hit the right-click the QuickBooksDBXX service and afterward select Restart and you are all done with this process.
Is QuickBooks Payroll Updating help to Fix this error?
QuickBooks payroll’s latest version may help to fix all payroll error issues. But if you have a payroll module, you need to update another form of QuickBooks like clockwork. In case, if you don’t do as such, your payroll capacity won’t keep working. At any rate with QuickBooks, you can even now get to your data. While installing QuickBooks Payroll, make sure you install the most recent version.
Why I am unable to work with QuickBooks Payroll?
Have a go at clearing the reserve and treats in your internet browser to eliminate any put-away Internet files. These put-away files can cause bugs in QuickBooks accounting software and different places. You need to clear them by clearing your store and treats to fix issues when utilizing QuickBooks.
What is the Primary Driver of error code 15241?
QuickBooks Payroll update error 15241 usually happens when your QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled. This service is significant for the capacity of QuickBooks Software and payroll.
How do I identify QuickBooks Error 15241?
QuickBooks payroll update error code 15241 is usually accompanied by an error message such as “error 15241: The payroll update was not completed successfully.