In QuickBooks, while upgrading the Payroll application user usually encounters some error issues. To avoid your company loss, you have to fix “QuickBooks payroll update error 15241” in very little time.
What’s Mean QuickBooks Error 15241
Among all QuickBooks payroll error 15241 is one of the most irritating errors you may face. This article will help you to get rid of this error and provide all the necessary information on how to avoid and fix this error. The error message is displayed on your screen repeatedly.
Speak to a Specialist about Your QuickBooks Software
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.
The Payroll update did not complete successfully
This QuickBooks payroll update error 15241 comes under the QuickBooks 15xxx series error and is the indication that the error appears due to the disabled File Copy Service (FCS).
What is File Copy Service
File Copy Service is one of the most required add-on services which helps to handle file transfer processing while updating the QuickBooks accounting software. This error code normally appears when the user faces trouble while updating the payroll application or due to a damaged Microsoft Windows installer. It creates many issues for payroll functions.
Before going to fix it, the user has to know all about this error such as its symptoms and causes.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
- The user receives an update notification in QuickBooks Payroll
- Users may unable to install the payroll update
- When the system crashes itself
Reason for QuickBooks Error Code 15241
- Corrupted and damaged downloaded file causes this issue
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Payroll updating
- Presence of virus or malware attack
- When some files are deleted while installing another program on the system.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
There is a different way to resolve this QuickBooks payroll update error 15241 in different windows and after that, you have to update the tax table too. So follow the process below to get it done, and update the QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 1: Update the Payroll Tax Table with the Given Steps
- First of all, open the Employees menu and then choose “Get Payroll Update”
- Now, you have to view and check the Download Entire Update checkbox and hit click on the “Update” button
- After the completion of downloading processing, a new window will appear on your screen and the issue is resolved
Method 2: Update Payroll in QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier
In the first step, you have to insert the Payroll update CD
- From the drop-down menu, open the “Get Payroll Update” window
- Now, you have to choose the “Employees” section and hit the click on the “Get Payroll updates” This step is applicable for QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier users
- If you are proposing to decide on the pdate.dat or update3.dat file then go to the Install payroll update window and reply to all prompts
- Moving forward and agree with browse
- After that, you have to choose the CD drive option
- Then, you have options either you can update.dat or you can update3.dat with the payroll update disk
- From the payroll window, you have to choose the “Open” button and then click on OK
- Go to the window start button and you have to quit the QuickBooks desktop window
- Now, open the “My Computer” and enter the right-click on the CD drive, and then choose the “Explore” option
- Again, you have to insert the same CD into another system and check whether you are able to see all files or not
- If you are able to see all files on the second system then it is a sign that your first system has hardware issues with the CD drive
- But in case, if you are unable to view the files on both systems, then you need to buy a new payroll update disk from the intuit online store. Go to the store and click on the “Payroll” option and choose “View contact information”
- Make sure that you install the file through the right website and click on the “Install Confirmation window”.
- Then check the current tax table edition and new fields also.
- Hit the next click on the “Install” button and a confirmation message will appear on your screen.
- After the installation process, view the new table installed
- Follow the on-screen steps and click on Ok to finish the process.
Method 3: Update QuickBooks FCS Services
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks
- Locate and click on “My Computer” and choose “Manage”
- Now, you have to choose “Services & Application” over the left panel
- Hit the next click on the “Services” option
- Enter your next double-click on the QuickBooks FCS option
- From the available preferences, you have to choose Startup type and go to the General tab
- After that, proceed forward by choosing the Manual option
- In the next step, choose the”Apply” button and drop your arrow at the “Start” button
- Click ok to end the process. Now, you can update your QuickBooks without any issue
Method 4: Update QuickBooks Desktop on Windows
Windows 8, 7, Vista, or 10
- First of all, you have to close your QuickBooks Desktop
- Then, hit your click on the “Window Start” button and then enter right-click on the “Computer”
- Choose the “Manage” option from the drop-down menu
- Go to the left pane, and choose “Services and Applications”
- Go to the right pane and enter your double-click on the “Services”
- Now, you enter the “Intuit QuickBooks FCS” option
- From the “General” tab, choose the “Startup type” and then click on the “Manual” button
- Proceed forward to the next move and click on the Apply button
- Go to the Start and click on OK
- Now, you are all set to open your QuickBooks Desktop and able to download the updated products and Update payroll tax tables.
For Windows XP
- Take the exit from your QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Desktop window, hit the right-click on “My Computer” and then select the Manage option
- After that, the Computer Management screen appears on your screen
- Hit the next click on the “Services and Applications” and then choose the services
- Then, the service window opens on your screen
- Go to the QuickBooks FCS service and then the Intuit QuickBooks FCS properties window will appear on your screen
- Open the General tab and click on the “Startup type” button and then select the “Manual” button
- Hit the click on the Ok button and open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now you get access to download the QuickBooks Desktop product updates
- And also Update the payroll tax tables.
The above information and all possible solutions are sufficient to resolve the QuickBooks payroll update error 15241.
While implementing the above solutions if you need any kind of help or assistance, do a live chat with QuickBooks expertise or dial the QuickBooks error Consultant number. To get all answers to your doubts without a minute delay, send all questions to this email address.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Frequently Asked Questions
How would I restart the QuickBooks Desktop instantly?
Locate and open the Control Panel first. Now, you have to choose open service Tools. Enter your click on the Services from the rundown. Then, hit the right-click the QuickBooksDBXX service and afterward select Restart and you are all done with this process.
Is QuickBooks Payroll Updating help to Fix this Error?
QuickBooks payroll’s latest version may help to fix all payroll error issues. But if you have a payroll module, you need to update another form of QuickBooks like clockwork. In case, if you don’t do as such, your payroll capacity won’t keep working. At any rate with QuickBooks, you can even now get to your data. While installing QuickBooks Payroll, make sure you install the most recent version.
Why I am unable to work with QuickBooks Payroll?
Have a go at clearing the reserve and treats in your internet browser to eliminate any put-away Internet files. These put-away files can cause bugs in QuickBooks accounting software and different places. You need to clear them by clearing your store and treats to fix issues when utilizing QuickBooks.
What is the Primary Driver of Error Code 15241?
QuickBooks Payroll update error 15241 usually happens when your QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled. This service is significant for the capacity of QuickBooks Software and payroll.