While updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll, you may receive any of the error out of a list of some 10 such errors that start with number 15.
The main reason is the incorrect configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer which leads to an error while downloading and Installing QuickBooks Desktop Updates.
QuickBooks try to protect your computer and its content by verifying the digital signature of all downloaded files and if it is unable to support the digital signature of a file that’s being downloaded it may pop up with one of these errors.
Here’s is a list of some of these errors 15214, 15215, 15217, 15218, 15221, 15222, 15224, 15223, 15225, 15226
We show you how to resolve many 15xxx errors and how to install a digital signature.
Before proceeding to the solution make sure the latest version of Internet Explorer is downloaded. If the error persists then move to the following solutions below
Solution 1: Performing a Clean Install
Uninstall QB Go to Control Panel and Select Program and Features
Find QB and Select Uninstall
Rename QuickBooks Desktop installation folders
- Go to Windows Explorer file manager and display hidden files
- Rename each folder listed in the version of Windows
Solution 2: Install a digital signature certificate
- Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Right-click QBW32.exe > Select Properties.
- Click Digital Signature tab and check Intuit is selected
- Select Details > View Certificate > Install Certificate > Next > Finish
- Restart your computer and Open QuickBooks
- Now re-download the update.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- To begin your installation, go to the Downloads & Updates page
- Log into your QuickBooks ProAdvisor Center
- Log into CAMPS to download your software
- Select download
Installing QuickBooks Desktop
- Select All QB executable file > Select Next.>
- Agree to the License Agreement > select Next
- Enter your License and Product numbers > select Next
- Select the type of installation – Express or Custom and Network Options (when using multiple versions of QuickBooks )
- In case Custom and Network Options is chosen select where QB will be used (over the network or this desktop)
- Choose a new install location > Select Install.
- Now try to open QuickBooks again
Solution 4: Edit Internet Explorer options
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon and go to Internet Options
- Click Security > Select Trusted sites.
- Add the following websites:
- Click Close > Apply > OK
Solution 5: Update Microsoft Security Certificate
Expired Windows Security Certificate can also be the reason for this 15XXX error. Download an updated certificate from Microsoft.
Get The Right Help From Askforaccounting
If you’ve run into deeper trouble or need help with executing the steps above, then don’t hesitate to clear your doubts with us. You can note down the error you are facing and explain the problem along with the list of steps you have already attempted to our advisor.
AskForAccounting team has a pool of seasoned experts with considerable years of experience in resolving the most complex issue related to QuickBooks.
Things that you won’t be able to resolve on your own can be easily spotted with the right set of tools and expertise at AskForAccounting.
Our advisors will explain to you the cause and steps to be taken to resolve the issue.
Contact AccountsPortal on our number 1-800-865-4183 for a solution to a wide range of QuickBooks issue related to installation, upgrade, update, and other functional and technical issues.
You can also avail our round the clock Chat support or drop in an email regarding the details of the issue and one of our experts will get back with the right solution.