You can easily print your invoices and forms as QuickBooks can be synced with printers easily. While taking out printouts, there are situations when you may come across some technical errors like QuickBooks Error 20.
QuickBooks solutions are integrated with many different enhanced tools which will increase your workflow.
What’s mean QuickBooks Error Code 20
You may receive error code 20 when you are trying to upgrade your Windows to the latest versions available. This new operating system removes the use of the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIGSoftware key from the registry settings. This might create some issues as there are certain applications that work on that exact key for storing internal settings.
Make sure that, you have created a backup before you try to make any changes to the Registry. You should create a system restore point for precaution purposes, so, if anything goes wrong you will still have a backup.
Solution for QuickBooks Error 20
When you come across QuickBooks Error Code 20, you can easily resolve them by following the solutions mentioned below. Also, you should be logged in to your system as an Administrator.
Create Registry Backup for your database
- Go to Registry Editor.
- Select the Computer option from the apex of the folder in the left pane.
- Click on the File menu, then select the Export option and finally click on the Save it.
- Now, you will have to build a System Restore Point in your system.
The Solution I: Reinstall QuickBooks
After upgrading your operating system, you lose all the files related to QuickBooks applications. You will have to download the QuickBooks software and then install it in your system again. Then, you will work in QuickBooks again without any hassle.
Solution II: Manually updating the Registry
Option I: Grant Permissions via Registry Editor
- Click on the Registry Editor.
- Go to the Start menu from your keyboard and type Regedit in the search area.
- Do not press the Enter key now.
- As you get the Regedit, then right-click on it.
- Select the option Run as Administrator.
- Locate the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder.
- After, you find the folder mentioned above, open it.
- Go to the Software folder and right-click on it.
- Click on the permissions
- Make sure that you have selected the checked box of the Full Control for the Users from the table.
- Click on the OK option and then close the Registry Editor.
- You will now grant QuickBooks access to the key to restore its settings.
Option II: Using a Powershell Script to Grant Permissions
- This application is only applicable to Windows 10 users.
- Go to the Start
- In the search area, type cmd and right-click on it.
- Select the option Run As Administrator.
- As your Command Prompt will open, you will have to type PowerShell and click on Enter.
- Then you will have to type the command below,
“exe -NoProfile -NoLogo -NonInteractive -Command “$key = [Microsoft.Win32.Registry]::CurrentConfig.OpenSubKey(‘Software’,[Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck]::ReadWriteSubTree,[System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryRights]::ChangePermissions); $acl =$key.GetAccessControl(); $rule = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryAccessRule (‘Users’,’FullControl’,’ObjectInherit,ContainerInherit’,’None’,’Allow’); $acl.SetAccessRule($rule); $key.SetAccessControl($acl);”
- Press Enter.
The solutions suggested above can easily resolve your QuickBooks Error 20. AskForAccounting is a company that takes care of all the issues that you might face at the time of accounting on QuickBooks. We all understand QuickBooks is important for your online accounting, but if you don’t know how to run it then Consultant becomes all more important.
If you still have some queries regarding the software or you are not satisfied with them, then you can contact QuickBooks customer service for assistance. dial us for help at the QuickBooks error Consultant toll-free number.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.